1.0 too 1.3 conversion

Im completely new too the micra scene and brought a 1.0 instead of a 1.3 and was debating on doing the conversion just wondering how easy it is too do what needs too change with it ecu wiring driving shafts gearbox? guessing it should be pretty straight forward but i could be completely wrong. any advise would be appreciated thanks.
daniel

I know engines are same size. So that's a straight swap. But might need 1.3 ecu.? Can also use 1.0 gearbox on 1.3 engine.

525586_10151119520571451_1590659508_n

between the two pre-facelift engines they share the same RH & front mounts and crank/flywheel bolt holes and no need to swap ecu cos i believe they both run the same mapping.
check the 1.3 also runs a dizzy type ignition.
prob need to inform dvla & insurance of the engine change?

yeh straight swap. 1.0 ecu works fine on a 1.3, looms are the same also so just unplug everything off the engine and move it out the way.

prefacelift 1.0 box is slightley diffrent to a 1.3's shafts are diffrent so are the hubs. but you can still use the 1.0 box on a 1.3.

you can use yours mate if you keep your standard 1.0 gearbox.

but you carnt use them with a 1.3 box. so you have to fit 1.3 hubs, shafts if you want to run a 1.3 box

yeh straight swap. 1.0 ecu works fine on a 1.3, looms are the same also so just unplug everything off the engine and move it out the way.

prefacelift 1.0 box is slightley diffrent to a 1.3's shafts are diffrent so are the hubs. but you can still use the 1.0 box on a 1.3.
the pre-facelift 1.0 g/box, shafts, flywheel, clutch; gearchange, mountings and x member are different dan (hubs are the same ;) )

made this mistake before. it because when i went to the scrappy i always went for facelift hub rather than prefacelift due to milage on the bearings. thats why i was thinking there diffrent because i kept dodging them for facelift ones. got this in my head lol.

Back