1.3 conversion questions.

i know this has been covered before on here but just wanted a rough idea of things whats needed and prices i gotta 1.0 and wanna drop a 1.3 into it and just wondered if anything needs to be changes and whats a rough cost?
cheers.

i know this has been covered before on here but just wanted a rough idea of things whats needed and prices i gotta 1.0 and wanna drop a 1.3 into it and just wondered if anything needs to be changes and whats a rough cost?
cheers.
im sorry mate, but if you know its been covered before (which it has, lots) then why ask questions?? just do a search, then come back with specific questions if you still have any. you will get a much better responce then, people like to see some effort on your part before they make the effort to explain stuff to you.
best of luck with it mate, and having done the conversion myself i will try to help you with any specific questions you may have;)

alright cheers mate. i just wanted to know a cost really i cant seem to find one on any of the threads.

depends on weather you are going to do the conversion yourself, but about £200 should do it if you are. depends on what you get the parts for eh?

Hey mate. I'm doing this at the minute. I'm only happy to help because all I've done recently is ask silly questions lol

Costs so far have been £90 for engine with 46k miles and £40 for a new clutch. I can't see me buying anything else really bar service items for the new engine. Cheap enough to do. Oh, I've had to do some welding but that's because the old tin worm has made some progress on my Micra lol

If you need any help just ask, I would recommend a search too. Theres lots of info on this great site.

copied from my thread about when i did it:

Overview of things i needed for the conversion:

A 1.3 engine, gearbox and TB,
The rear mount off of a 1.3,
Gear linkage off of a 1.3,
Both Driveshafts off of a 1.3
New 1.3 clutch kit (optional but recomended)
A 1.3 ECU (i am told it will run with a 1.0 ECU, but my guess is it wont run half as well) (maybe someone could clarify)?

the 1.0 gearbox bolts right up. Can keep the existing driveshafts, linkage in then. Just take the 1.0 flywheel off.

Not sure about the ecu. I was told it should run fine. Time will tell! Oh and my 1.3 came with TB, distributor, alternator, etc etc etc. but I guess you may not be so lucky.

the 1.0 gearbox bolts right up. Can keep the existing driveshafts, linkage in then. Just take the 1.0 flywheel off.

Not sure about the ecu. I was told it should run fine. Time will tell! Oh and my 1.3 came with TB, distributor, alternator, etc etc etc. but I guess you may not be so lucky.

well, the 1.0 and 1.3 ecus have different maps, so it wont run to its full potenial.
using the 1.0 g/box is an option as you say. but you will use more fuel as the ratios are different (you will also get better acceleration) so its up to what sort of driving you do eh?

Has anyone any comparisons between a 1.3 ecu running a GC13 and a 1.0 ecu running a CG13? Maybe even some rolling road results? Would be interesting to see what differences there are.

Yeah, it's not for commuting or doing big miles in, just for fun Noddie so mpg, for me, is of little concern but that's not to say it isn't for someone else.

Has anyone any comparisons between a 1.3 ecu running a GC13 and a 1.0 ecu running a CG13? Maybe even some rolling road results?

mine showed a claimed 107hp last year with the 1.0 ecu, 1.6 t/b and injectors, and there are posts claiming that the only difference is 6 or 8 deg more ignition advance in the 1.0 map iirc (micra_pete maybe ?)

mine showed a claimed 107hp last year with the 1.0 ecu, 1.6 t/b and injectors, and there are posts claiming that the only difference is 6 or 8 deg more ignition advance in the 1.0 map iirc (micra_pete maybe ?)

hmm, not when you look at the maps that nistune give, remember those maps that got posted in my ecu thread frank? they were pretty different iirc.
thats quite an increase for just 1.6 TB and bigger injectors frank, 31BHP!?
EDIT: just had a look at the maps and only the ign maps were posted, so you might be right frank. sorry to have doubted you:D

hmm, not when you look at the maps that autodata give, remember those maps that got posted in my ecu thread frank? they were pretty different iirc.
thats quite an increase for just 1.6 TB and bigger injectors frank, 31BHP!?

yeh, bagas posted some maps up did,nt he ed, and that 107 was with cams, exhaust etc (my guess was 100hp ish tbh) :)

yeh, bagas posted some maps up did,nt he ed, and that 107 was with cams, exhaust etc (my guess was 100hp ish tbh) :)

yeah, thats right, had another look and he did post up fuel maps but only for the 1.3 i think.
oh:D thats more like it(Y)
is bagas still about? may he could clear this up.

Back