1.0 - 1.3 conversion help

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Looking into doing a 1.0 to 1.3 conversion as my engine just wont run right now i've had the 1.3 cams put in.

Had a quick search to see what parts i need to do the conversion but couldn't find much.......

Gonna get a mate of mine to help me fit it so any help you guys have would be much appreciated, ie problems i might come across

Thanks alot

mine is a 94 pre face lift, i know ill be looking for a non nats engine as mine is non nats now. do i need do change the ecu, gearbox, driveshafts, gearbox linkage etc.....?

jay

nats is irrelevant, mine is pre98 and i left the lighter 1.0 g/box etc in and changed only the engine.
the 1.0 ecu is supposed to have a bit more ignition advance, so i left it in

thats good then, just trying to decide how much to spend on an engine, could maybe get a donor car with 93k on the clock but has a long list of mot failures, engine sounds like it should be okay but for how long! but if i needed to replace anything else i would have all the bits i needed....

Also seen an engine with an apparant 11k on the clock, but this would be engine only, which should be okay providing i dont have to change anything else.

ah rite, i reckon i can pick this car up for £100 and its only in sheffield which aint far, that way ill get the standard front ARB and maybe be able to make a bit of money back off some other parts, im just worried with it being at 93k that it wont be long till the timing chain goes

Back