1.3 75bhp 0-60?

Sorry, but my 1.1 saxo was faster than that. Your friends need to service their cars and you need to be less generous with your rounding down times.

Wow, I'm actually a little disappointed. I was kinda' hoping to be blown away and shocked.

But counting that, it's average.
Sorry, but my 1.1 saxo was faster than that. Your friends need to service their cars and you need to be less generous with your rounding down times.
My old man has a 1.1 Saxo V reg for a winter run around (Honda VFR800 bike when summer's here) and to be fair, it pulls well.

Not saying it's fast, but it was nice to drive.

even my mates on facebook can see its 13 and 14 secs. yeah its not the 10 i said it would be but i had alot of stuff in the car. sub, girlfriend xmas tree stand and what ever else was in there. wehn i get a dry day ill do it again for you.

Times are what is to be expected from a 1.0, which is around the 15-16sec mark.

It's also worth noting that you don't actually reach 60mph in either of those vids, which is why you're counting lower. I've yet to see a K11 speedo be dead on and in reality you have to hit an indicated 65 to be doing a real 0-60 time, (experienced this on both GPS and G-tech runs in the past).

Nothing wrong with the car but it's not a 10 second car to quote from F&F :rolleyes:

Florence and Fred?

.... like this?

MVRREAD24684_51a71215d9582.jpg

0 to 60 this morning - 13 seconds. That's me, the dogs half a tank of fuel and associated crap that I couldn't be arsed to take out. That's from dead stop.
0 to 60 with 5mph rolling start .... 11 seconds, both slightly uphill. Won't be doing it again, its like trying to blow yer engine up - no way !!!
You'll have to believe/disbelieve me, although that's probably standard ???

0 to 60 this morning - 13 seconds. That's me, the dogs half a tank of fuel and associated crap that I couldn't be arsed to take out. That's from dead stop.
0 to 60 with 5mph rolling start .... 11 seconds, both slightly uphill. Won't be doing it again, its like trying to blow yer engine up - no way !!!
You'll have to believe/disbelieve me, although that's probably standard ???
Perfectly reasonable from a 1.4 :)

If you use a 1.3 engine with 1.0 clutch and flywheel? ...im sure i saw this mentioned somewhere
I see...
The 1l flywheel is 5kg? Lighter iirc... couple it with a 1l gearbox and you've got a good combo.
Can't help with prefacelift / facelift as I dunno

Times are what is to be expected from a 1.0, which is around the 15-16sec mark.

It's also worth noting that you don't actually reach 60mph in either of those vids, which is why you're counting lower. I've yet to see a K11 speedo be dead on and in reality you have to hit an indicated 65 to be doing a real 0-60 time, (experienced this on both GPS and G-tech runs in the past).

Nothing wrong with the car but it's not a 10 second car to quote from F&F :rolleyes:

someone always has to try and know best!! the speedo says 60 so its 60, get off it. 14secs and 15 secs is what i did. in my 1.0l.

so to answer the question this thread is for, 0-60 is about 15.

when its dry ill show you all, i had 10 secs out of it when i had a completely empty car and in the dry.

i tried to prove this today but i couldnt as it was really wet and raining.

instead i bit the bullet and still posted a vid of my time knowing it was not what i said in the first place.

@davyboy that with any mods? or standard? and you will be hard pressed to blow a CGA, mine spends most of its life at 5k plus when i drive it :)

So many factors! I can get 7 secs but you should see the monster gradient on the hill! Average is about 11 ish but I have to recommend the injector cleaner I put in recently, it has made such a difference... Only a cheapy bottle of carlube in a full tank but has livened the beast up so much. I can't recommend a good flush enough.

someone always has to try and know best!! the speedo says 60 so its 60, get off it. 14secs and 15 secs is what i did. in my 1.0l.

Dude its common knowledge the speedo isn't accurate and you're talking to a guy there who knows his stuff. Unless this ten second video appears and shocks us all you may as well accept were not gonna believe it.

@davyboy that with any mods? or standard? and you will be hard pressed to blow a CGA, mine spends most of its life at 5k plus when i drive it :)
@AJC - No mods, still standard, goes nice without any. No way would I drive at that pace continually, something would give up eventually imo.

Thank you euno, as I said - I ain't doing it again.
I run mine to the red line day in day out haha

Probably shouldn't but a new engine is only 150.

Anyway, given mine hadn't ran for a while, a good blow through was just what the doc ordered after the terraclean haha

I don't think you truly understand rolling radius and purposeful under clocking to prevent speeding.

If anyone's clocks genuinely read the correct speed I promise you 90% of people would get points in a week.

70 is usually about 65-67

85 about 81ish I think. Etc etc

Hence why police have to give a 10% leeway as everyone's clocks rarely read the right speed.

A satnav or speed App on a phone is the best way to prove the real speed.

I run mine to the red line day in day out haha

Probably shouldn't but a new engine is only 150.

Anyway, given mine hadn't ran for a while, a good blow through was just what the doc ordered after the terraclean haha
Agree with giving the engine a good blowout now and then, mine has a 170 mile round trip Wednesday night, will keep
a steady 70/80 mph - do her good.

Back