0-60 time

Ok, so a mate of mine has an Audi TT 180, that he claims is the dogs, and lives on a farm, with a very wide and long drive way. To cut a long story short, he has been asking me for ages to drag him on this long and wide farm track as i have been trying to convince him of the benefits of micra ownership. So to get to it, i won the 0-60 drag a few times, just, and i do mean just, after that he pulled away from me ( its about a mile long and straight, is his track) He swore blind to me he wasnt holding back and that i won fair and square on the times i did. What i want to know is, is it poss that i did win fair and square with the mods i have or is it more to do with the fact his car has 120k on it. I dont have many mods, just the following:

Almera airbox
QG injectors
Frank mani
pre coil pack CAT
PL Exhaust System
FPR set at now 3.5 bar

Mine is a 1.4 Coilpack so maybe if i am lucky with the mods just shy of 100bhp

you need to get it down the 1/4 mile AJ :) i think the coilpack 1.4 has a lot of hidden potential personally

I will get it properly timed in the new year, not expecting brilliant times, but if i can beat most 2.0/sub 150bhp cars i will be happy, and as soon as i get this turbo conversion done, well things will be different

Well it had 180hp 120k ago.... now? Who knows. But if it's had a hard life with poor servicing, I doubt it's anywhere near 180.

Weight, "weight 1335 kg / 2943 lbs" from a quick Google so you've got ~400KG less then him.

120k or not, Audi TT's always run lousy 1/4 times at POD. Last time I was at a peak performance day almost every start was bogged off the line.

Yeah he was bogging down off the line quite bad. I didnt really think about the weight tbh, i totally forgot about the heavy 4 wheel drive system he is lugging around.

That i could live with :) I am in the process of turboing it atm, i have most of the parts needed, just waiting for xmas to be over to get the final few parts, so i am hoping to make near to that power when its all done and set up properly

Care to explain? ;) I also have a 1.4 Coilpack, Im to young to Turbo it annoyingly so it would have to be N/A what's the best way to get as much power as possible from our engine without a Turbo? I have similar Mods to AJC :)

Back