1.0 & 1.4 NCTV Autobox compatibility.

Hi everyone,
Been a while since I've been on here - I've been Micra-less for a while but have picked up a little gem!

2002 K11 1.4 5 door SE+ CVT. Low miles, top spec - lovely. Very happy!

Anyway, long story short - I got it for a great price but the autobox is ruined. Screams/grinds at anything but crawling pace.

My question is are the late model NCVTs compatible between the 1.0 and 1.4? Seems much easier to get the 1.0 box - was the 1.4 auto quite rare?

Many thanks folks,

Rex

the g/box type changed in 2000 rex, to a conventional torque converter and a removable oil filter (previous ones had the magnetic powder clutch) my guess would be that the 1.4 has a higher diff ratio tho

Thanks for your answer. The torque convertor is exactly why I chose this car - have had trouble with the powder clutch in two separate cars and whilst straightforward enough to replace, is a bugger to get hold of.

I was wondering if the auto boxes are the same on the late model coil pack cars, between the 1.0 and 1.4, if you catch my drift? It seems much easier to source the 1.0 torque convertor box than the 1.4 torque convertor box - the 1.4 auto must have been quite a rare beastie?

Many thanks,
Rex

Back