1.3 vs 1.4

F

FatGaz

o_O Hi All,

As you may know I've got a k11 / 1.0 - I may be upgrading later in the year - will stick with a k11, but should I get a 1.3 or 1.4? - Which is better - is there much difference?

Cheers,
GAZ
:cool:

The 1.4 will give you problems fitting a janspeed manifold but you will be able to hit 60 in 2nd with the gearbox

i i was choosing between either a 1.3 or 1.4 k11 i would get the 1.4. its more power to start with, uses better ignition system aswell. and its easy to remove the air con to make room for a janspeed manifold. only draw back is cams havent been made for it but plenty of other tuning options available.

Alternator as well is in an akward position is it not? Also two lambda sensors makes things fun.
And the 1.6 is the best option :D

Personally id get a 1.3...
If i wanted 60 in second id use a 1.6 box...
Cant think of any MAJOR advantages other than an extra 100cc

when you take off the air con the alternator drops down to normal position when you use normal brackets, and then normal alternator belt. i did this mod to my march as part of its preperation.
the 2nd sensor should be workable, maybe fitted at a certain point in the janspeed manifold?

RE: RE: 1.3 vs 1.4

Beachboy said:
when you take off the air con the alternator drops down to normal position when you use normal brackets, and then normal alternator belt. i did this mod to my march as part of its preperation.

That is some nice info there :)

Also you can get 1.4 K11's without air con, so if that option isn't on the car originally then you don't have to mess about removing the air con.

Kev

You can get manifolds that will fit the air con models but are much more expensive. £400-600.
I would limit my engine choice just because you can fit a Janspeed to it, I have seen some with pieces of welding rod still on the manifold.:eek:

Back