fsdfds

Attachments

• 43811.jpg
    43811.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
Wilzy WROTE:

"looking good mate... keep it up!! cant wait to see finished product!! how much longer you reckon youve got left??<BR>im doing an ice system for my D.T project over here in england but not as complicated as this!!

well its not ment to be finished until october i think, but by the time i finsih muckin around with wiring etc it will prob be around then i finish!!
mik WROTE:

"looks really cool so far :) keep us updated :)
thanks mate i will do

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"looks very impressive each time to see a progress :) <BR>how do you want to make the finish? paint or cloth/leather/etc?<BR>

thanks!!! umm i think its going to be painted, some nice airbrushing in it would be nice to but i doubt it!!!

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
Pyro WROTE:

"I really enjoy seeing this project progress. Great to see it being documented with all those pics. Awesome!

thanks mate, the documentation is the whole point of this thread see, i am going to put this into my folio i have to hand in at the end of the year along with the dash, as a form of evaluation, so in fact you are all doing the work for me hehe thanks guys
well i got some more layers of glass done today, did i mention the last layers :), besides a few minor touchups, then its onto mounting brackets and sanding :)

Attachments

• 44047.jpg
    44047.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
my switches i got and the led, both chrome mmmmmm i love chrome goodies, these are for the hazard light, rear demister and the downlights i have installed in the hatch. they will all have printed on them labels and the led will tell me when they are on!

Attachments

• 44048.jpg
    44048.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 34

mik

» CMF Member
whats up? how's the progress?
do you have swollen fingers from sanding, so you can't type and take new pictures? ;-) have fun

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
haha believe it or not i dont, ut i wish i did, :( nah i have exams so i cant get in and work on it cuz the school wont let us. the workshop is open on saturday so i will have some pics for you by then :) i miss the dash :( been like a week since ive worked on it!

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey
i went into school today to do some work, got few more layers over the entire dash,cut out the gauge holders, and tidied up some imperfections!! wasnt happy with the gauges so i redid them!
cheers
DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01132-1.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
well ive started sanding lol
first up im sanding all joints and making sure they fit properlly i.e glovebox and then sanding the body, only the fiberglass and just so its smooth enough to stop me getting splinters, cuz its in a show in april so i want it to be smooth.

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
just a bit of an update
well im back at school now so i can (legally) work on it now lol (stupid board of studies)
nothing really to update, i scored a mag article out of this and its not even done lol, i have one now and one when its done
just going to write a list of the switches so i dont lose it lol

downlights
speaker/footwell leds
hazard lights
demister
fuel cap actuator
boot actuator

i think thats it any more you may think of let me know i want all lighting etc to be controlld from the dash so yeah

also going to write a list of the work to be done cuz i cnat lose it here either, im shocking at losing things lost my wallet the other day had to replace everything!!!!!!!!

finsh gauges
wire up gauges
dash cluster surrond
dash cluster mounts
a/c control mounting point
extend wiring loom for a/c
headunit mount
a/c vents
storage compartment cut out
cut holes for switches
wire up switches
extend hazard light and demister looms
steering column surrond
lower sides
centre console
body filler and sanding
tweeter pods-NEW ADDIDTION
front demister
headunit wiring loom
underdash wiring
block 2 a/c pipes
re route a/c pipes
connecting lines

im sure there will be more added to the list as time goes on!
work pics soon!
cheers

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
first class back on the today, buttt i forgot my catlyst so no fiberglassing, instead i made some adjustments
i cut out the lower section for the storage compartment, and the gauges screwed up on me, sooo i cut them out and cut some more PVC pipe for the new holders, then i thought, hey why not try them in a triangle, so i did, butt now i cant decide which i like better!!!! what do you guys reckon in a triangle or side by side
and im also considering putting a 7" screen on the passenger side cus atm its preety plain and boring. first i gotta find one! god my 600 dollar budget has gone through the roof and up into space lol but meh i got one chance make it cool!!!
cheers guys
01052009.jpg

01052009002.jpg

01052009004.jpg

01052009006.jpg

01052009009.jpg

01052009010.jpg

01052009011.jpg

Back