Major disappointment

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Test drove the new Suzuki Swift Sport today, I had tentatively pre-ordered and left a deposit with a dealership here on the Gold Coast. After much anticipation and waiting, I was dying to get in the car and go for a spin. What an anti climax. Have I been spoilt driving a micra for the past 11 years? The swifts' ride was harder than it should have been, sluggish when accelerating, it just didnt have the WOW factor. The price tag was a cool $27,000-00 on road, and I was informed "we aren't giving any discounts on the car, or token pressies for buying the car from us, because we don't have to, there are scores of people lining up to get their bums into one of these cars, and if you don't buy it someone else will." How rude. When I bought the mic they threw in window tint, dash mat, headlight protectors and the rear scoop, all at no extra cost.
The times they are a-changing huh, but rest assured I will not be buying a Suzuki ever, nor will I deal with Zupps dealerships ever. It seems that their attitude is that they can treat their clients like crap, cos there's plenty of desperadoes out there who will cop it just to get what they want. Not me, I have the micra and I am in no way desperate to buy another new car, not if it means being treated like sh*t. See yas :)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
As they say politicians, lawyers and car salesmen are the lowest ranked by the general public of all professions.Sorry to hear of your experiences micragirl and hate to say they probably gave you a rougher time because you are female.
Zupps are they still in business?? I would write a letter to the paper and explain your experience.
Dickheads.Or better still get in touch with Suzuki Australia head office and tell them.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I think its fair enough that they're not throwing in any extras. From my understanding the profit margins on new cars these days arent all that great due to fierce competition.

But poor service is a downer. Generally expected from dealerships though.

Also a shame to hear the Swift sport is a downer. $27,000 for a suzuki? Gotta be kidding! Couldnt you buy a VW Polo GTI for close to that? Now THATS an awesome little car. Had one in at work today and I was drooling all over the poor thing. Didnt get to take it for a spin but man it just had a nice feeling about it. Kinda like the feeling I get when I jump inside the micra... So yeh the little Polo really pressed the right buttons for me. Not many new cars have done that I can tell you! But some things did feel a little poxy, like they'll wear out quickly. But I havent been in a new car which doesnt have those sort of "issues" yet. They all feel a bit cheap and like they're not going to hold together.

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Well I must say that the fully optioned suzuki swift does look like a nice looking car, but that I have found that every where that i drive i seem to find one, It was the same when the hyundia was intro to aus everyone wanted one could not get one, and then the market was flooded with them and so one, i think this will happen again, I must say that you still dont see that many MICRAS out there, they are on there own and with the price of fuel the are still sort after cars.
As for the dealership they should give you stuff i reckon as they are not doing you any favours for buying a car apart from paying people wages, and they still make money, dont kid your self, maybe there is another car out there, there are heaps of small cars to choose from. good luck.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
WEll in todays Saturday paper they were comparing all the hot hatches.
I am sure to get the same buzz as I do out of Whitey I would be spending around $40000.00. THe only one that would tempt me would be the Mazda MP3 MPS but that is around the $40k mark.
Nah stick with Whitey and keep the sleeper affect.Its feeling better as time goes on and has done around 6000 kl since the rebuild and now has that run in feeling.My daily commuter now ( I get a car allownace would you believe!!)so reckon I have best of both worlds.
See new (very much overpriced Mini) due later this year and the S will sport a turbo instead of a supercharger.

Back