£1.50 per litre ?

I paid recently 1.33 for BP Ultimate.

It's just going to keep going up and up. Sam and I are even considering car sharing to work as we both go basically the same way, win all round really as it will be cheaper and not putting as much milleage on the cars.

Kev

bloody yanks are to blame for this, although our goverment could ease up on the tax to help, they make out were running out of oil and thats not the case!

It's certainly got out of control, but as long as people continue to drive cars, the government & oil companies will continue to cash in on it.

I already drive like a granny, I've turned my climate control off, I think the next thing is to just stop driving.

bloody yanks are to blame for this, although our goverment could ease up on the tax to help, they make out were running out of oil and thats not the case!
OPEC owns 40% (or was it 60%?) of the oil globally. Gordon Brown is actually doing something good by trying to get the G8 to rip down this monopoly or at least make them price it more fairly than they currently are. Brown claims that they've artificially raised the price of oil to coin a bigger profit, if that's the case it needs to be stopped...

HOW EVER, and this is a big one...The main way to stop monopolistic behaviour like this is to heavily tax the import of their goods so that it becomes inviable to work under those situations! At which point they'd agree to lower prices and work properly. You can't really take legal action against a monopoly. :p

So...Damned if we try and stop it, damned if we don't.

Yeah i've heard Opec aren't putting pressure on the companies to increase production, which is also driving up the price.

I've also heard that china now uses as much oil as the rest of the world combined, so the problem probably lies with that rather than the yanks!

I agree with Arnold. China are ramping up their producing game, and not taking global warming into consideration at the same time.
China need to ut back on their huge usuage of oil - I know production can't primarily exist without crude oil, but I bet there's ways to be more efficient.

It also makes me think of this global warming situ - I mean, the government are taxing the hell out of us, but really it's China and the USA and the like that need to think about their impact in my opinion.

I know I've probably just opened a whole new can of worms, but the issue needs to be addressed, and taxing the hell out of us isn't going to work.

80% of china,s power stations are coal fired, and most of the chinese still ride push-bikes, so its the west thats consuming most of the oil, and its the west thats buying all their goods, so we can,t really blame them o_O

were complaining about petrol prices driving nissan micras????????

Because of petrol prices is exactly the reason why i have gone back to driving these magnificent micra machines !!!

Anyone complaining about petrol prices whilst driving a nissan micra....well honestly really?

:laugh: :k12red:
beep beep

Hehe i like the graph, to think we actually protested about the prices in 2000/1. Now everyone just bends down and takes it up the shoot.

Just dont believe the 'peak oil' stories, its a big fraud, demand is rising but there is more access to oil in the middle east than ever (not that it is needed, there is more easy to source oil in Canada than half of the middle east), not to mention America itself. Thats why the oil companies keep anouncing record profits!

yeh, there,s plenty of oil left, but not enough refineries to process it, thats why diesel is so expensive, we,re having to import it :suspect: .
and they,re not going to pump extra out (and let the price drop) coz whats left in the ground is like money in the bank

This is great, hopefully it will price all the idiots off the road! lol

Because of petrol prices is exactly the reason why i have gone back to driving these magnificent micra machines !!!

Anyone complaining about petrol prices whilst driving a nissan micra....well honestly really?

:laugh: :k12red:
beep beep

yeah i agree, were only driving micras, if we were driving big engines then we would be in trouble. but still its ridiciolous.

I just worked out how much fuel I spent in the last month: £381.92, quite scary really.

:wow: .....that's alot of dosh!

Think of all those people who will lose weight due to walking to the shops 400yds away.......perhaps if people drive their cars less then less Petrol will be bought so the Fuel companies will make less profit but on the other hand we have the Government which pulls Tax out of Petrol like a rabbit out of a Hat and will complain that because as no-one is buying as much Petrol the Government won't be making as much Tax out of it...and so another stealth TAX chapter starts once more.....

Why why why didn't they just scrap the Road Fund Licence and TAX the Petrol 40%? The more you use the more you pay that makes sense doesn't it? That idea is as old as the hills for gawd sake!
Why does the Government continue to regurgitate any information given, they make it so damned difficult for themselves.....

Why does the Government continue to regurgitate any information given, they make it so damned difficult for themselves.....

Because as it stands, they're making a killing from everyone and that's the way they want it! It doesn't matter about fuel protests and petitions, it won't change a thing.

If MP's lived the lives of normal people, regular incomes, commuting etc, then you'd see things change, but as they can afford to use 'expenses', our salaries, to cover their own costs of living, they're gonna be laughing.

I dont think petrol is as high here I think its about 1.10 at the moment, its one of the reasons i love having a micra cos you get many miles to your gallon. I used to get 10 miles for every £1 and it was £30 to fill a tank so 300 miles a tank that was 2 years ago when i bought the car, I only get 240 miles from £30 now.

i found petrol prices.com a little slow on the updates for my area. Just think though, if they didn't tax so high on petrol they'd have to tax somewhere else to pay for their war.

I know most of you don't care but it's hitting those of us who use our cars for work. I'm STILL quite junior so I don't get a car allowance or company car (that comes with chartership usually) so using the car for work you get milage. Now my firm are tightwads and only give 26.5p/mile which is painful but you can claim the difference back in tax up to 40p/mile, so you get 40p/mile for all your business miles which used to be enough to cover running a car for business...

Now the price of fuel is what it is I decided to take a look at the actual costs of running a.n.other second hand car and dependant on actual miles and mpg I get it varying between 55 and 65 pence per mile (13 to 18 of which is fuel alone) so I'm losing money for using my car for work! I'm gutted!

We need to find something else to run our micras on. What are the weaknesses of the micra engine?

IF we used ethanol it's just the seals that are the problem isn't it. I'll break out the 'still....

This Is What Theyshould Do

Instead what they should do is either :-

a) have vehicle scales for every pump, depending on how heavy the vehicle is the higher the price of petrol because your lugging around more weight which uses more petrol.

b) have the petrol station personnel input the type of vehicle you've filled up and price accordingly.

c) Kick the goverment up the ass and stop being stupid. I get about 100 miles out of £15.oo worth of fuel soon it'll be 80 miles for the same price.

NICE, I'm doing Euro millions tonight and buy 10 of those.

I'll keep 2 for myself and do a Special Micra game where only MSC members can win.

Electric cars are great.....when i can afford one I'll buy one... :love:

If there's one thing that gets my goat are those people having a Company car for TAX purposes AND they get their Fuel for diddly squat! I used to work for local council and the Boss always drove to work in the Company car even though he lived literally across the road! grr

Funny how my request for payment to come to Work was refused......

Electric cars are great.....when i can afford one I'll buy one... :love:

If there's one thing that gets my goat are those people having a Company car for TAX purposes AND they get their Fuel for diddly squat! I used to work for local council and the Boss always drove to work in the Company car even though he lived literally across the road! grr

Funny how my request for payment to come to Work was refused......

Don't be fooled, companies are taxed heavily on company cars.

Also if an employee has a company car solely for theirselves, then the individual is taxed heavily also,it's not all great having a company car!!

Also if an employee has a company car solely for theirselves, then the individual is taxed heavily also,it's not all great having a company car!!

this is very true my mum pays as much tax as me and i earn twice as much
all because she has a company car

Even if you could run a car on sea water the government would make up some sort of "lack of sea water, oh no the oceans are being drained!" crisis, and naturally have to tax you at outrageous amounts.
Of course anyone simply taking it from the sea would be a criminal!

I'm just staggered at how the fuel prices have gone up, in 2003 it was around 76p a litre... If it went up that fast every 5 years they should have been paying us to take fuel of the forecourts twenty years ago!

Back