Why I will not vote conservative

zanes

Ex. Club Member
Apparantly, according to the conservatives,, deploying riot police to deal with stuff like this;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7402858.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7401188.stm
Is an over reaction, which merely inflames the situation

When will the police learn how to deal with these people? (although I quite liked the bit on the second video on the second page where that idiot got taken out)

*Awaits "It's only a minority, so it's ok" or, "it's ok because its football" excuses*
TBH, imho the only way people will learn is if the UK does what Italy did a while back, ie lock down football totally.

ugh more football crap. Its pathetic its only a game overgrown men in their underwear kicking a ball and people pay thousands to 'support' them.. they probably dont give a toss who supports them they have enough money not to care.

A lot of the people involved in those riots wouldn't even be interested in football, but turning up just to cause trouble. The same when England are in Europe etc. Why should the actions of these muppets spoil it for everyone else?

I think riot police is the only way real way to deal with the situation, however even some of them are just as bad for some of the actions they do too - targeting anything that's in front of them, including innocent fans / women, or defenceless people who aren't even making any effort to fight back. It's just as well UK riot police don't carry guns for this reason as they'd be mass shootings. There actions probably make some situations worse, not better.

Perhaps that is sometimes/often the case, but I think it is too often used as a convenient get-away-from-the-truth line by football. I mean, if there was this kind of trouble at (for example) a large fieldsports meeting people would be tripping over themselves to condemn it.

Yay!! I mean, it's not like the police were being attacked, having bottles and bricks thrown at them or anything was it? Oh, wait....

no you dont understand me. in this incident the police were not bad.

but in general they are always abusing their powers and not doing their job right.

I just can't be bothered in general to vote in elections anymore.

I'd rather waste my vote, it's not like it going to change them electing gibbons into the Houses of Parliament.

At the end of the day, nobody in here is qualified to make a judgement about the police service or riot service, unless you know people who work for them, or work for them yourself.

All you see, is your experience and/or what the media show you, and I think 99% of us here have no experience of what the police have to deal with in a riot situation.

Media coverage can be bias, but the footage doesn't lie. There was a clip earlier of some totally innocent person being made unconcious by a riot police officer, getting battered over the head and a dog set on him. When he was knocked out, left on the pavement injured with no support or medical assistance. The police just ran off, no doubt to attack some other innocent person.

I know they're there to control and set order, but some of these officers are no better than the yobs! The footage doesn't lie. You don't need to be 'qualified' to have an opinion.

Water cannon is a great invention.. get that in and blast everyone. Free from pain, and is effective. If yobs want a riot, who better to challenge than the police. I'd say there actions encourage violence rather than control it, especially when there method of control is so vicious.

Water cannons are not free from pain. You see the police hit somebody, but again you don't see all the footage where he could have been causing a disturbance, or talking in an aggressive manner, in that situation the police only have 1 option and that's physical force.

Media coverage can be bias, but the footage doesn't lie. There was a clip earlier of some totally innocent person being made unconcious by a riot police officer.

Yeah but you probably didn't see the 'innocent person' throw a brick at him. The fact is they will make it look whatever way they like just to get a good story.

I can't believe people get so excited over a game. Football will soon have to happen in locked down areas and the only way to see it will be on TV.

Yeah but you probably didn't see the 'innocent person' throw a brick at him. The fact is they will make it look whatever way they like just to get a good story.

I can't believe people get so excited over a game. Football will soon have to happen in locked down areas and the only way to see it will be on TV.

No it was one of those CCTV shots, that's panned out. You can see him just standing there, then gets battered for no reason. People that do cause trouble deserve everything they get, but you just get the impression (from media coverage obviously) that the police get red mist and lash out at anyone

I'll vote for who ever puts together a sensible drugs policy as well as pulling troops from Iraq and cutting Military spending to improve our schools and health care. As it stands we're sinking far too much money into military assets when it could be spent improving public health care. My girlfriend was recently on a ward for 3 days, she was going mad by the end of it!

On the drugs thing, the problem is they're currently treating drug addicts like criminals. Granted, they've broken a law, but you shouldn't force them cold turkey and shove them in a cell. Specially since they have methods of getting a fix inside too. People shouldn't be bombarded by crap like "Frank" and should be given honest advice by professionals, not by Daily Mail hype...Lib Dems sort of have this kinda thing going for them. Don't think they plan on legalizing acid and shrooms though. :p

On the drugs thing, the problem is they're currently treating drug addicts like criminals. Granted, they've broken a law, but you shouldn't force them cold turkey and shove them in a cell. Specially since they have methods of getting a fix inside too. People shouldn't be bombarded by crap like "Frank" and should be given honest advice by professionals, not by Daily Mail hype...Lib Dems sort of have this kinda thing going for them. Don't think they plan on legalizing acid and shrooms though. :p

More to the point, the government doesn't seem to have a clue on drugs issues, aptly illustrated by the recent cannabis debacle.

The government doesn't have a clue full stop. All these stupid policies you hear of recently, and the fact billions is spent towards some crappy war nobody wants when there are bigger issues on our own door step.

I'll vote for who ever puts together a sensible drugs policy as well as pulling troops from Iraq and cutting Military spending to improve our schools and health care. As it stands we're sinking far too much money into military assets when it could be spent improving public health care. My girlfriend was recently on a ward for 3 days, she was going mad by the end of it!

once on crack crystal meths etc they become victims / medically ill and dependant and the situation will only get worse look at USA -

labour have not shown this to be any priority!!
we need a war on dealers! and reduce demand-its also a proven way of destabilising a country-maybe thats why we have so many imported poles as our kids can't work because their all high on crack too busy selling their own bodies / shop lifting?

When you guys become fathers you will be very upset and gravely concerned-as its a killer watching your flesh and blood die before you-or being sold on the streets with HIV for a few quid

ask your local MP's WTF they are gonna do about it?

once on crack crystal meths etc they become victims / medically ill and dependant and the situation will only get worse look at USA -
Actually, they're victims of them selves. They've got no one to blame but them selves, can't blame the drug. How ever, helping them if they want it is good.

I seriously want the legalization of all drugs. The Government shouldn't be protecting us from things that we may want to ingest. We'd just have to accept the fact that if we do #### our selves up on it that it is our own fault. With legalized drugs there'd be less death due to "overdose" (HUGE misconception*), safer drugs and less criminals. We'd unclog our prisons to hold real offenders who've actually committed crimes against someone, rather than someone's who's just chosen to suppliment their bodies natural chemical balance. If someone O.D.'d, that's their problem. But at least it'd be their fault for doing it and it's not down to dirty drugs or unknown strength.

Also, LSD, Mushrooms and MDMA should be Class C. They're safer than people make out.

*Most noted form of "overdose deaths" in america are actually deaths by dirty drugs. They just notice they have high heroin amounts in their body and label it an overdose.

Actually, they're victims of them selves. They've got no one to blame but them selves, can't blame the drug. How ever, helping them if they want it is good.

I seriously want the legalization of all drugs. The Government shouldn't be protecting us from things that we may want to ingest. We'd just have to accept the fact that if we do #### our selves up on it that it is our own fault. With legalized drugs there'd be less death due to "overdose" (HUGE misconception*), safer drugs and less criminals. We'd unclog our prisons to hold real offenders who've actually committed crimes against someone, rather than someone's who's just chosen to suppliment their bodies natural chemical balance. If someone O.D.'d, that's their problem. But at least it'd be their fault for doing it and it's not down to dirty drugs or unknown strength.

Also, LSD, Mushrooms and MDMA should be Class C. They're safer than people make out.

*Most noted form of "overdose deaths" in america are actually deaths by dirty drugs. They just notice they have high heroin amounts in their body and label it an overdose.

dont be silly now and dont be pompous

school kids are targeted by so called individuals / organised gangs greedy for more ££££££££'s [probably funding middle east events] at a school near you! Get back to me with your opinions when you discover that your 8 year old 'only son' has developed the habit or a family member's

Get real, wake up, get you head out the sand and smell the coffee
i dont want to bring children into the world for some low life scroat to laugh at me whilst my children are on crack-as i'll probably do time shortly after

Just one of the millions of reasons why voting is not just a waste of time

oh another good reason to vote is..........

.... apparently there is no law stopping said organised gangs picking up your attractive 12 year old daughter..... hooking her up on crack because amy whine house does it so its cool right?
then sending her out to work as a prostitute....she gets HIV because unprotected sex gets you another £5?...she dies on to the next meal ticket

New labour doesnt give a t0ss-should you?

My strifes niece is hooked on crack and herion from 14 years old-she ran off with someone 'who was cool' now is 10 years older

Talons father later died 'high on drugs' whilst in a ditch during a very cold night -4 degrees
now his son watches his mum smoke crack and shoots up.....shes off to USA to meet with yet another junkie - poor talon what life's is he gonna lead? - his mum is very attractive and hides it very well - hence why social does not have poor talon or couldnt give a t0ss

This is sadly becoming the norm.......i aint voting its a waste of time????????????? WTF?
if no one voted nothing would change...think of all the blacks in america who died trying to get a vote?

enough said......

dont be silly now and dont be pompous
I'm not being silly and not being pompous. I genuinly believe that you can never stop people taking what they want to take and you shouldn't try to. Be making it illegal you create the problem. When things are legal the drugs are safer and not pushed around as much.

I'll use alcohol as an example. Alcohol is legal (and more dangerous than several Class As), how often do you see drug pushers trying to sell people bootleg alcohol? Granted, there are people who can't afford alcohol who just drink white spirit, but it's a small minority.

If drugs were legal and well regulated you'd have safer drugs that are under BETTER CONTROL. You can control something when it's legal better than you can when it's illegal. If it's illegal, the dealers and manufactures don't care about purity or how it effects their target audience, how ever if legalized there would be regulations they'd have to conform to. They couldn't dilute the drugs with crap which would make them safer.

school kids are targeted by so called individuals / organised gangs greedy for more ££££££££'s [probably funding middle east events] at a school near you! Get back to me with your opinions when you discover that your 8 year old 'only son' has developed the habit or a family member's
How many 8 year olds end up being addicted to alcohol or tobacco? When cigarettes had no age limit 8 year olds were smoking as much as adults, after the introduction of laws preventing the sale to certain age bands the amount smoking greatly dropped. If tobacco were illegal, people would resort to bootleg cigarettes which are made in someones shed with poor manufacturing standards causing more damage than they already do.

Besides, drugs don't come into that sort of thing anyway. It's people who generally partake in illegal things (child prostitution, etc, etc) who get involved in this. If you followed the dutch lead and made it "legal" (it's not technically legal) to have coffee shops or specific outlets to sell drugs, there'd be less pushers dealing OUTSIDE of those areas. If you have a choice of buying your MDMA or Heroin from a shady dealer or reputable outlet, which would you choose?

Get real, wake up, get you head out the sand and smell the coffee
i dont want to bring children into the world for some low life scroat to laugh at me whilst my children are on crack-as i'll probably do time shortly after
See, this is the problem with proposing this sort of legislation. The stigma of "DRUGS ARE BAD" is stuck in everyones mind and they're incapable of looking through that then looking at the actual facts.

.... apparently there is no law stopping said organised gangs picking up your attractive 12 year old daughter..... hooking her up on crack because amy whine house does it so its cool right?
then sending her out to work as a prostitute....she gets HIV because unprotected sex gets you another £5?...she dies on to the next meal ticket
Yes. It's the child abuse laws. Also, if drugs were completely legalized there'd be restrictions on age, such as alcohol and cigarettes, to prevent under aged people buying.

My strifes niece is hooked on crack and herion from 14 years old-she ran off with someone 'who was cool' now is 10 years older
You're blaming the drugs and not the "cool" person or the childs niavity? Granted, stronger drugs (crack, heroin, cocaine, PCP and Ketamine) are far more addictive (not all are more damaging) than the lower class drugs, but it should be that persons choice to take it. Just because someone was kid napped (she was under 16) and force fed crack and heroin that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to take what I want to take.

Talons father later died 'high on drugs' whilst in a ditch during a very cold night -4 degrees
Irresponsible use of drugs. What about the alcoholic who gets completely wasted and drives himself into a tree? Same thing, only because "drugs" are illegal it's got a larger stigma.

think of all the blacks in america who died trying to get a vote?
Think of all the drug users in america that've been treated as dangerous criminals and have had their lives ruined because they choose to put a substance into their body.

If Alcohol and Tobacco were to be discovered in this day and age they've be classified as Class A drugs. They're severly damaging to your body and alcohol can make you dangerous to those around you. Cannabis, Ecstacy, LSD, Magic Mushrooms and DMT are far safer to your body and those around you than Caffeine, Tobacco and Alcohol.

Read Jonathan Otts "Pharmacotheon". In the end it comes down to opinion.

Back