• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I wanted a thread to keep things neater.. So here it is :)

Picked myself up a V-reg K11 1.3 Si last month, £2000 with 6083 miles on the clock :D, near enough perfect condition.

S4020141.jpg

S4020144.jpg

The interior:

S4020145.jpg

aaand the engine bay:

S4020211.jpg

And as it stands at the minute, debadged, bumpstripped, pre facelift boot handle, coloured handles and mudflaps. And the MCS rear window decal :D

S4020203.jpg

S4020210.jpg

It has a thing inside it which turns, changing the tone of the note it makes... But i cant remove it unfortunatly

yer u can the allan key bolt on the inside shown in the pic undo that and any others and the tuner can be removed

Yeah i can do that.. but theres a plate behind that which cant be removed.. Think it's welded from the other side :confused:

I like the no exhaust sound for loudness, just keep the downpipe, ditch the rest, K11stews car was in that condition when he collected hehehe

Layla said:
The Layla Guide To Making Your Car Loud:

snap the mid section off the back box ;) i did it by mistake, but it sounded sexy
true, but it doesn't do a lot for performance or mpg, when my wife snapped her Kia exhaust the mpg went from 40 to 25. :doh:

hehe, i think i'll be keeping my exhaust complete..

Next ups a painted rocker cover, when the rain holds back for an afternoon.

Then lowering when POTN discounts in place :)

sonic said:
true, but it doesn't do a lot for performance or mpg, when my wife snapped her Kia exhaust the mpg went from 40 to 25. :doh:

didnt effect my performance or mpg, was a tad faster if anything. for a 1lt lol. i managed dundee to newcastle, 180 miles, on £11. dunno what that is in mpg, im useless at that kind of thing, and that was with it snapped. the only main problem was the fact that the pipe was scraping the ground with my two flatmates and all their stuff in the back!

wob_ert said:
hehe, i think i'll be keeping my exhaust complete..

Next ups a painted rocker cover, when the rain holds back for an afternoon.

Then lowering when POTN discounts in place :)

i recommend you get a spare from a scrappy, makes the job alot easier :)

take care undoing the cam bolts and use an impact driver or you may round them off.

Started painting the cover today,
Will be laquered in the morning and fitted in the evening with luck:

S4020214.jpg

Got my strutbrace through the post today -Thanks Trung!

S4020226.jpg

It'll be sprayed red and fitted at the same time as springs when i get them..

Resprayed today:

S4020230.jpg

Hopefully springs will be ordered and fitted within the nextr couple of weeks :D, I'll keep updated.

Coming along nicely! What are you using to spray the bits and pieces? Cans or a spray gun

cans..

The finish isn't bad at all, though the mounts on the strut brace weren't stripped as well as they probably could have been so looks a bit dodgy, but it'l be fine.. lol. Just a few rough patches.

Thinking something like this at the minute..

chop9hw.jpg

red/black colourscheme.. with eventually a lot of smoothing. opinions?

and also the front end, something like this:

chop0ll.jpg

I prefer the right i think, but it's a whole lot more work. However when the fronts debadged its going to holes needing filling etc. anyways.. again, opinions would be appreciated

With the chrome on the current bonnet grill, how would i go about painting this? will it sand back to plastic?

Springs arrived today, hopefully fitted by the end of next week.

Also ordered new clear repeaters (that'll fit) this morning

:D

OK, got the car back, so much nicer to drive!
I've just moved my filter, it sticks up a bit too much, but the bonnet still shuts fine so I'll leave it there i think. Need to sort out some cold air ducting now, maybe I'll make a start in a bit.

Anyways, here's a quick picture:

S4020244.jpg

Exterior ones will be added once clear repeaters are fitted and I've given it a wash :D

How did you remove the side strips i was told to use fishing wire because if i ripped them off it would take the paint away with it.

i used an old bit of plastic (tesco clubcard) take it slow and it should be ok.. There's a few quides floating around, try www.mightymicra.co.uk ,think theres one on there.

Sorted the cold air feed now, just need to pick up some jubilee clips to finish it off before fitting. It follows the same route as the standard air feed that goes into the airbox, as i could find nowhere better for it:

s40202452oa.jpg

Inductions finished :D

it's sort of semi-forced. If that makes any sense, if not, here's some pics:

S4020246.jpg

S4020248.jpg

top job mate :)

i think alot of people have thought about an open grill but no one has actually done it :)

so you'd be the first ;)

NeX said:
top job mate :)

i think alot of people have thought about an open grill but no one has actually done it :)

so you'd be the first ;)

tommo said:
apart from james t - nis.
and that 1.0 turbo that was on ebay

Attachments

• 24_1_b.jpg
    24_1_b.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 22839.jpg
    22839.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 559
hmm.. it's gonna need some thinking me thinks..

anyways, clear repeaters are on :D

S4020251.jpg

some decent pics up soon after a wash.. probably tuesdayish.

well,

trip to the scrapyard today resulted in more upcoming mods..

Picked up a laguna splitter, some interior plastics, bonnet grills and rear wiper motor, all for £11 :D

Went a little crazy with the paint yesterday..

s40202847ll.jpg

s40202850nk.jpg

Think the front looks much better red than it did chrome, and the colour
match is spot on :D
Will be doing the mirror bases soon.

Well, Almera GTI alloys have been sprayed black, with new 195/50's fitted. Also i filled the engraved nissan centre cap to give them a smoother look:

s4020364rb8.jpg

and fitted:

s4020363va4.jpg

and a fly covered beginning of a smoothed bonnet:

s4020365oa8.jpg

sorry for poor pictures, but they were jsut so i could update the thread as i havent in ages. Once the bonnets finished I'll give it a good polish and take it out for a little photoshoot.

i like them almera GTI alloys, i was thinking about getting some myself cuz its a cheaper that buying new alloys. but i brought some after market alloys second hand insted.

:D thanks for all the good comments

Also tinted windows soon hopefully. though my last attempt went horribly wrong :(

Back