rad blind

frank

Club Member

Attachments

• PICT0239.JPG
    PICT0239.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 492
frank is it quite noticeable then? as my mums micra heater hardly blows warm air its sucks compaird to mine.

yeh, my guage was showing ok (thermostat working) but my heater has been pretty cr#p during this cold spell (especially cruising/motorway) :)

i put the two driver side ones on and have to turn the heater down... it gets so hot the car steams up and my eyes start to water..... strange hey?

Haha at Ant, when i have my heater on the last setting (think its the air to the windscreen) the air from the centre vents is cold but the side vents are hot. If that makes sense lol, quite difficult to explain :p

My heater gets stupidly hot, Im loving the foot heater setting :)

But after about 5 minutes, it gets turned down to half heat settings, and its still rather warm

Haha at Ant, when i have my heater on the last setting (think its the air to the windscreen) the air from the centre vents is cold but the side vents are hot. If that makes sense lol, quite difficult to explain :p

Mine does that.

I have my vents pointing at my steering wheel, so my left hand get freezing, and my right hand gets nice toasty warm air.

was plannin on doin this the other week after my dad mentioned that a couple of his old yank cars have a curtain thing built in, never got round to it tho cos i havent been driving it much recently

My pre-facelift blew boiling hot air out of all vents, but the facelift blows cold from the centre and warmiish from the sides.. this is annoying!

I'm the same, pointing it on my hands.

Also, my pre-facelift's foot heat setting was lush, but my facelifts is really weak.

:(

Good to know someone else who suffers like me lol
Yeah I now just wait 5 mins in my car for it to get warm or wear gloves :p

If you just drive off, it'll warm up quicker then sat there idling.

Also, another thing I'm interested in experimenting is, if you put the heater down to cold, or turn it off in car's which use a heater matrix to warm air, will the engine warm up quicker? Non of the heat from the coolant is being transfered to the air going through the matrix, so it'll stay warmer. Logically, it would make sense, but does anyone else have an idea or opinion on this?

If you just drive off, it'll warm up quicker then sat there idling.

Also, another thing I'm interested in experimenting is, if you put the heater down to cold, or turn it off in car's which use a heater matrix to warm air, will the engine warm up quicker? Non of the heat from the coolant is being transfered to the air going through the matrix, so it'll stay warmer. Logically, it would make sense, but does anyone else have an idea or opinion on this?

the difference would be very marginal, imo, the resitor card gives off a fair amount of heat when the fan is on #1 setting, and is in the airflow, so i always demist the f/screen on #1 for the first couple of mins :)

well i envy all of yah, cos my heater doesnt even work in the nova, sometimes i think it would be warmer to walk places lol..

well i envy all of yah, cos my heater doesnt even work in the nova, sometimes i think it would be warmer to walk places lol..

I love my RS Turbo in this weather, the water cooled turbo heats that water and gets that heating getting lovely and warm, also the lovely cold air over the intercooler is brilliant.

My mum claims that the best car she ever owned for heating up, was her old Saab 900. I'd guess you'd want it to if you lived in Sweden..

if you put the heater down to cold, or turn it off in car's which use a heater matrix to warm air, will the engine warm up quicker? Non of the heat from the coolant is being transfered to the air going through the matrix, so it'll stay warmer. Logically, it would make sense, but does anyone else have an idea or opinion on this?

In car heaters are I believe typically in the range of 3-5kw of heat. I certainly have noticed on a K10 if you have the heaters on full on a very cold day it will take a lot longer to warm up.

erm, just wondering, but if it is cold shouldn't the thermostat stop coolent from going via the rad until the engine is warm anyway?

so blocking cold air to the radiator will do nothing because the engine isn't even using it?

i may be wrong....

I think the original post is about driving around i.e. when the car is warmed up.

Fortunately i do not require any card, but this would of helped a lot in me old 1.0 ally, wouldnt get warm for s### in winter!

I think the original post is about driving around i.e. when the car is warmed up.

Fortunately i do not require any card, but this would of helped a lot in me old 1.0 ally, wouldnt get warm for s### in winter!

ah ok fair enough

Back