• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

originally...no. i was looking at a stealthy standard looking car...though i fear ive wandered off that track now...lmao.

so its a more JDM look now, ...i was also planning on the standard JDM rear lights, until i cleaned the normal ones up and decided i quite liked them....same with the number plate light, so for now ive decided im leaving the back UK'ish.

LMAO aswell :p stealthy!!!!! wide arches, nismo splitter, front mounted IC.....ohh yeah.......very inconspicuous mate PMSL!

just tested the march lights with the new bulbs in and they work and fit fine :)

Attachments

• DSC01618.JPG
    DSC01618.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC01619.JPG
    DSC01619.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC01620.JPG
    DSC01620.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 207
guessing the lighting was potentially the biggest headache? ...if so should be a 5 min jobby now :) ...once youve put some extra holes in the boot.

so far not bad mate! the right sized bulbs where easy to find at halfords! the wiring i havent run through the boot plate yet! but it wont be that hard. just a case of undoing the original boot handle. pull the wiring through. add march wiring. drill holes into boot. filler / fibre glass over the original holes (so no water enters)

any other problems cant see being that hard. clear silicone around the new march holes

yup, gotta say youve got a sprint on, :) everytime i seem to spot this threads updated, its cos youve got another thing fitted... (Y)

hehe. thanks for saying that mate :glance:
well i know that if i dont do it when i have a couple of hours free here and there that it will never get finished / added / installed lol ;)
i may dedicate friday to getting this fitted :) see how this week goes!
naps

lol Modded! um.......will see. have some plans friday now, but shouldnt take to long i wouldnt have thought! still need to spray it tho!!! humm..........halfords tonight ;)

this is my fav k11! :)

thank you!! although i cant tell if your being serious mate lol? why mine if you dont mind me asking? as it cant be! ok its ur opinion but favourite out of all on msc? perhaps i shouldnt ask!!

video underway aswell ;)

cheers

the best k11, just love the way you've done it, unique and stylish! some people went a bit over the top with body mods etc, but i think yours is just right!

No joke im serious! lol :girly:

thanks Curtis! appreciate the comments!
i wish i could have seen your awesome k10 at the exeter meet and then of course you could have seen the new additions to my k11. but next time bud!

im not sure why i was so lucking with the unique parts :) but im very happy with the outcome of my k11! i never intended when i started off for it look like it does, but im more than happy! i was going for performance more than anything, then i wanted to add some "uniqueness" and i think i have achieved this :)

a happy napster lol

sprayed the march holder up now so its ready ;) enquired about a square number plate but its a couple of inchs to short length / width wise....not that its a major problem just there will be a gap!!! and the height is either perfect or its slightly big for the original recess but all that means is that its secured not as far back!!!

awaiting on some more mesh for the ultra open mouth grill

and the guy i spoke to is possibly going to get a micra now after seeing my car ;) lol

naps

Attachments

• PICT0179.jpg
    PICT0179.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 205
  • PICT0180.jpg
    PICT0180.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 216
hey bud! i can get a plate but the number plate wouldnt be attached to the boot like normal it would have to be secured to the holder which is the problem.
however i think that the number plate could be secured to the boot but at a slight angle, as the boot recess has slanted sides so if i secured the bottom of number plate as tight as i could and then have it angled upwards towards the roof etc, that may work

space for plate can be L 13" x H 6"

although the plate i was getting made up was 11" x 8".....and i have just realised that the numberplate will have the top and bottom numebers covered!!!! huuummmm............new plan me thinks

Just bare in mind they're 'show' plates.. Really they should have the postcode of where they were made i think..

I doubt You'd have any problems though.

Just to point out as well, I've never used that site before, you might even find them cheaper elsewhere..
THat was just the first google result ;)

but ur front was a standard size so how come yours was not done properly with correct markings as any other palce require documentation??

Thanks mate! hopefully will look ok! been going over a few march pictures i have deciding whether to add it or not lol!!!

i think you will have to use an import plate size, its different from the normal jap sizy by a few cm. you can get them from halfords easy enough, just make sure they make you the right one

to make a number plate legal it needs to have its refectivity number on it as well as the place that made it. which sux ¬_¬

i went halfords mate! the size they had was the 11" x 8" and he even placed it on my car to have a look! he explained to me that a jap import plate takes ages and he was unsure if mine would be in the database etc to actualy quailfy for a jap plate?

no you wouldn't technicly be allowed a import sized plate but if you have the holder on there i doubt the police would notice thats its not supposed to have one.

cant get an import by sounds of it
halfords one is to big and so will cover 1" of lettering
online ones are not legal

this is gonig well :(

just some interior shots and boot install. removed the back black fabric which is why the rear is grey for the time being

Attachments

• PICT0183.JPG
    PICT0183.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 284
  • PICT0185.JPG
    PICT0185.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 266
  • PICT0187.JPG
    PICT0187.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 252
what car the hand brake cover from ? did ya need to make any adjustments to fit it ?

also that with the cup holders is well gud u custom make that ?

both items where from japan from a march k11.
didnt custom make them. just sprayed it green myself mate. both come in handy ;)

they came up for sale on here mate!

couple of really bad videos on the way up to the Exeter meet! so my apologies!

naps

Attachments

• MOV01289.wmv
    269.3 KB · Views: 280
  • MOV01290.wmv
    741.2 KB · Views: 262
i knew u'd come up with a pic :D that looks quite good. shame about the ripspeed alloys on that car though :p :laugh:

that's my old car!!! i only got those wheels cos they was £110 delivered with nearly new tyres, and fyi, they are rimstock alloys. although these have ripspeed centercaps (just because that's where they was originally purchased from), i had the same wheels in 17" on my old corolla, and they had team dynamics caps on (just because i didn't go to halfords) it's just the center caps that are different.
i've got new wheels though now see my blog. :)

napster
when i had my plate cover fitted i was never happy with the gaps it left tbh. i think i used spacers (6mm iirc) to space the brackets away from the boot far enough to get the cover to sit better.
the plate size i used was 12" x 6" and fitted perfectly with the same gap all the way around.
before i get round to fitting mine i'm going to modify it slightly ;). also i'm going to use a rubber seal/beading to hide the gaps.

that's my old car!!! i only got those wheels cos they was £110 delivered with nearly new tyres, and fyi, they are rimstock alloys. although these have ripspeed centercaps

O rite, they just look absolutely identical to my mates ripspeed alloys!

O rite, they just look absolutely identical to my mates ripspeed alloys!

yeah because they're all made by rimstock and then purchased by companies to put on their own centercaps. i've not taken offence btw, like i said, i only got em cos they was ceap :)

napster
when i had my plate cover fitted i was never happy with the gaps it left tbh. i think i used spacers (6mm iirc) to space the brackets away from the boot far enough to get the cover to sit better.
the plate size i used was 12" x 6" and fitted perfectly with the same gap all the way around.
before i get round to fitting mine i'm going to modify it slightly ;). also i'm going to use a rubber seal/beading to hide the gaps.

thanks for low down swiper!
where did you get your number plate from if dont mind me asking and was it a legal one?
i was tempted to attach the number plate to to march holder some how?? instead of attached to the boot?

i just wondered as they will get every day use and im not wanting the paint to start peeling when i do mine

Thanks mate! does the job ;)
not finished.......did i say that lol!!!! "he's beginning to understand i hear you all say! the balls dropped lol"

as before i thought it was nearly finished....well the car is to a standard now, but i will keep adding to the project!!!

Back