Your Server room - pictures

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
I know there are a few Network managers on the MSC and i was wondering what thier server room looked like, last thursday i gutted ours and spent 8 hours sorted everything out ince the new SAN here are some pics.
Padstar153.jpg

Padstar154.jpg

Padstar155.jpg

Padstar156.jpg

Padstar157.jpg

how can you call that gutting. there was no hammer envolved. lol.
job done in 10 mins and complete distruction completed.

I wish I could get a look at one of my companies server buildings. For those that don't know I work at Blizzard, so quite a few racks to look at I would think.

the servers are good, ok hp would probably be better but for the price and the spec dell are good, great support too. We have 2 hour call out support for any software/hardware problems

i wanted to use a hammer when i plugged them back in and it said the redundant power supplies werent working properly !!

Not taking pics of my server room atm.

Currently changing it into a data centre across all 3 sites. I had photo's of it a complete mess. Its still a complete mess only 2 racks less.

lol really ?

our server room has a dodgy lock on it and the window is bout 3 mm thick !
its amazing how much our company has spent on our server room and then spent nothing and wont spend anything on securing it

You also seem to have a radiator in there. That's great until it leaks and wrecks everything. Tell your boss he should be spending at least half of the budget on things that aren't the servers... physical security, power security, fire detection, and so on.

someone i know worked for a big company similiar job as yours where they had no security, they were robbed and the insurance replaced everything and made them up thier security and then they got robbed again! It kept on happening until they changed locations of the servers and now its ok. They guy i know was the one with the inside info on how to take everything but he was like even i could not break into this place if i didnt know all this. Its amazing how people who know what they want know how to take it!

You also seem to have a radiator in there. That's great until it leaks and wrecks everything. Tell your boss he should be spending at least half of the budget on things that aren't the servers... physical security, power security, fire detection, and so on.

I think all those dell boxes would go up rather nicely in a fire too!

oh the rad isnt connected ant there are 3 ac units on the ceiling, its 16 degrees in there, i know how a server room should be and there has been a vast inprovment in the past 12 months since ive been there.

the guy before me had dell themselves come in and set up the AD !!! i was V shocked. Dell servers arent all that bad people - i agree they are cheap but these servers have been on for 206 days before i took them down on thurs havnt had one problem within those 206 days.

I have my disaster recovery plan being implimented as we speak its just so expensive and as people know that account managers are like 'do you need this' blah blah blah. My manager is great its just the MD's that dont understand, also the APC ups can manage all 8 servers for 50 minutes before total loss, that linked into the system that rings all the admins if the site looses power or sets on fire (sensors in the ceiling)

iv been in some huge server rooms.. but being a non tech guy i preffer to see the gubbins in the ground you carnt beat walking into the main cable chamber in eldon house in sheffield.. (main telephone exchange) i know there are bigger in london and manchester ect but sheffields huge in itself!

Back