Service/ Tyre shop

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
About 4-5 weeks ago i went into this tyre/wheel shop that i've heard alot of good things about and asked about a particular wheel,The guy replied "I'll order them now and they should be here in 2-3 weeks".

After afew weeks i rang him on the Friday and he said come in with a deposit on Tuesday and they should arrive on thursday,I was very excited, and some of you no how much bad luck i've had trying to get the right wheels (been chasing wheels for 12 months now).

When i arrived on Thurday to pick my wheels up(Micra of road so putting them on when get home) i asked the guy, who looked around for about 10 minutes then said they didn't turn up with the other stock,I asked for answers so he rang Sydney to find out if they where there,And they were not. He then said "If you pay another 500 bucks i can order them straight from China and they'll be here in afew days" i chuckled and then walked out.

At this stage i'm wondering if i'm ever getting wheels EVER for my Micra,I was going to ring them back all week but felt i can not control myself on the phone so didn't.

Today on the way home from work i thought i would drop in to ask what they where going to do for me to get my wheels,When i spoke to them they told me they where going to ring me and that the size wheel 16x7 has been deleated but they still have the moulds or what ever so they can be here in 6 weeks,which is to late,He then told me they have 17x7 and they can be here in a couple of days.

I said that i really wanted 16s and that 17s are probably to big,so he said give me the car to put some 17inch wheels on and tell me what you think,I figured i might aswell waste there time as they had all ready wasted mine.

So now i'm thinging just get some 17s,They looked on the verge of being to big but the front bar i got of "2" is about 6cm closer to the ground then a normal Super S one.

I couldn't get over that they put on 17x7 rims with 215/40/17 and they fitted,Would more than likely have to roll the guards and i'd probably take the mud flaps of as well,but with the ride height down around about 45-60mm it should look alright.

Have posted some pics of micras with 17s if anybody else has any good photos throw them up please.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
number 2

Attachments

• 14608.jpg
    14608.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 35

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Dont forget the 17/16" rims will give your acceleration a slap in the face as itll lower accel, but boost top end speed, iirc.

Lots of people have gone away from >14" because of the less snappyness. But if youre simply after asthetics, then the bigger wheels are sxc.

:)

Back