Your car insurance views

Stani1029

Club Member
ok ive been trying for ages now to get insurance cheap enough for me to be happy with but its just not happening. do i legally have to declare my not at fault accidents which i havent claimed and havent been claimed against, its really starting to annoy me

ok ive been trying for ages now to get insurance cheap enough for me to be happy with but its just not happening. do i legally have to declare my not at fault accidents which i havent claimed and havent been claimed against, its really starting to annoy me

yeah, sadly i think you do mate. But, i dont think they will make much difference to your premium. have you tried getting the insurnace company to get a quote without them, just to see if they make a difference?

personally i wouldnt tell them mate. its like its never happened if theres no claim been made against you or by you... like you say,

but thats my opinion, i wouldnt tell em

ed its adding near £1000 on top when added, i dont see the point when the accidents werent my fault and that they dont have my insurance details. unless they can get them another way??

cheers

personally i wouldnt tell them mate. its like its never happened if theres no claim been made against you or by you... like you say,

but thats my opinion, i wouldnt tell em

even when they say 'have you had any claims, driving convictions and accidents either fault or non fault in the last 3 years?' surely that is lieing to an insurance company.

and that they dont have my insurance details. unless they can get them another way??

cheers

not quite sure what you mean by that mate. but it seems very odd that accidents that weren't your fault would add £1000 to your premium?!? i am in the same situation (been knocked off my bike a couple of times) and those accidents didnt seem to do much to my premiums:S
maybe that bloke from sky insurnace off here will be able to enlighten us??
are you doing it on the net or by phone? i always think its best if you can talk to these people on the phone, they may be able to give you some answers...
but i really wouldnt hide things from an insurance company, everything is linked these days and if they investigate you you will be found out, just not worth it imo.

i mean at the time of the accident none of the "at fault", took my insurance details. so the way im looking at it im having to pay extra costs for 3-5 years for nothing which is unfair. im doing most things on the net but then getting calls saying they will get me better quotes which they just dont. ive done nothing wrong so i dont see how i should lose my car, pay off insurances and pay extra montly when i wasnt at fault.

even when they say 'have you had any claims, driving convictions and accidents either fault or non fault in the last 3 years?' surely that is lieing to an insurance company.

yes its a lie to tell them you have,nt when you have, but if theres been no claim made on either party why do they need to know? so they can bump ya insurance up even tho you aint claimed.

i mean at the time of the accident none of the "at fault", took my insurance details. so the way im looking at it im having to pay extra costs for 3-5 years for nothing which is unfair. im doing most things on the net but then getting calls saying they will get me better quotes which they just dont. ive done nothing wrong so i dont see how i should lose my car, pay off insurances and pay extra montly when i wasnt at fault.

so what ya saying is stani in so many words is you had a bump say 4 years ago and no claim was made by you or against you from the other party?

well i had 2 bumps in 2 seperate cars on 2 seperate policies within 4 days (my kinda luck) the first being on november 1st 2009 and the 2nd the 4th november 2009. from those accidents the police were on site to do their usual checks and that was it, the other party i didnt get their details and the same on their half, so can they claim.

well i had 2 bumps in 2 seperate cars on 2 seperate policies within 4 days (my kinda luck) the first being on november 1st 2009 and the 2nd the 4th november 2009. from those accidents the police were on site to do their usual checks and that was it, the other party i didnt get their details and the same on their half, so can they claim.

if the police were involved i wouldn't risk it mate, dont insurance companies have links with the police through databases and whatnot?

if i were you i would ring a company for a quote, and then get them to take off the non-fault accidents 'just to see' and if it changes the premium loads then ask them why. It doesnt really make sense for your premium to go up that much and they may be able to pull some strings with their manager (somthing you cant do on the net). worth a try imo

if the police were involved i wouldn't risk it mate, dont insurance companies have links with the police through databases and whatnot?

if i were you i would ring a company for a quote, and then get them to take off the non-fault accidents 'just to see' and if it changes the premium loads then ask them why. It doesnt really make sense for your premium to go up that much and they may be able to pull some strings with their manager (somthing you cant do on the net). worth a try imo

ye same here mate if the police have been involved i would look into this further.
ask obout on some legal sites.

these are my views, no matter what happens the insurance company will ALWAYS find a way to either not pay out or find you at fault somewhere along the line so get left with not much.
ive had me and many of my friens totally scammed out of money from them so i dont hold them in high regards. worst one for eg,
my mate shorty, he had a corsa B totally immaculate redtop'd coilies ectect, the insurance new all this and it was insured for 1500, got stolen and he ended up with £206 because they would only give him the lowest book value of a totally standard corsa b they could find. so even declarin mods and engine swaps ectect, gets you nowhere. they are all cowboys in my eyes.

i was on the phone to adrian flux and they knew about both my accidents, they gave me a good quote so i called them back after a bit of thinking. he had the quote there for £1780 approx and re-checked my details which were fine and he kept asking about the accidents which the previous person did and he wouldnt do it any cheaper then £2501. he said becuase they were pending and i couldnt prove if the third party were going to claim or not then the price goes up. its silly becuase i have to pay off one insurance to cover a pending claim and then pay more on a new becuase its pending also. its a scam and id rather drive uninsured!

Dont go with Adrian Flux they are money grabing so and so... I got a quote for £307 though yea that'll do, then after 2 weeks the said oh sorry you can't mirror your no claims cos ya wife has points on her license so we want an extra £160... I'm like ermm u knew that already when i applied online? so I said can you take my wife off the my car then. Ok with just you we can only mirror 50% of your no claims so we want an extra £80... I'm like screw u canceled the insurance only got £170 out of my 307 and called Chris Knots got a quote for £315 with me and my wife and 100% mirrior of no claims!!!

I'm sure some insurance company just make it up as they go along. I know i lost out on £150 but I'd rather go with a company thats not going to rip me off and ask for more money after they've agreed on the quote.

If you havn't claimed nor the other party then theirs nothing to declare as far as I'm concerned.

I'd give chris Knotts a call if i was you mate.

Anything that's been through an insurance company will have to be mentioned. It's up to them wether they will increase your premium if you're not at fault.

ive tried chris knott and sky but because i dont have a years no claims i cant get a policy although ive been driving a work van for over 2 years now claim free that doesnt count lol im going to have to sell the almera, really dont want to but im not paying 2 times the value of the car to drive it and ive now realised id prefer to keep my micra over that :p

yeah! id keep the micra mate! much more fun, and selling it would only loose you lots and lots of money and work.
how much is the insurance on the micra though? surely its more?

i have an n15 almera gti in black, mint condition thats why i really want to keep it.

2973667202a11917573613o.jpg

the micra insurance was £750 because of a mistake so i got it half price, then when i added the accident on it doubled because of a re-quote. so i either had to take on a new rate of £200 a month or pay off the £750 which i did. im not using the micra or the almera the now. both in great working order and i cant use them its gutting!!

see is that correct, police have my name and address and the guys name and address but he doesnt have my insurance details so can he claim? in my eyes he cant as he should of asked for them at the time??

I think you're just unlucky, Admiral quoted me £680 fully comp for a 10 month bonus accelerator with 2 accidents that were my fault, 0 NCB, 0 convictions on a Primera GT, trying your GTi it comes up as £672

The cost normally applies to post code. When i lived in west london my civic type R insurance was £650. My mate with same years experiance and full no claims said why was his £1300 and he lived in the east end of london??? So I put my details in and punched in his post code and it was £1300. So the intial amount is based on your area then your discounts.

The thing I didn't like about Adrian ######s is that they decided to as for more money after I signed up with them. Looks like they are doing the same with Stani after they quoted him the intial price.

The amount of times I'll go on about this too though, named drivers can make a MASSIVE difference. Just check this out:
23.with-tracey.png
6.without-tracey.png

That's prices with and without my flatmate's girlfriend as a named driver!!

Yea Thats why I always put the wife on my car aswell :D

Most people think it strange but their reasoning i believe is that its safer to have more people able to drive the car. So in the case of you driving from Scotland to london and you're the only one able to drive the car, thats a lot of miles without change of driver.

I supose that kinda makes sense why :)

james your spot on, im in a D* area. its not even a bad area anymore. it used to be maybe i should ask them to change it for my sakes :p anyway to get around this?? :)

Back