FLUX: 25% Discount on your car or motorcycle insurance

For anyone who might have allready been thinking about advanced Driving or Riding.....here's a little extra motivation for you:

(An eddited Snippet from our local RoADAR Newsletter)

RoSPA HQ has recently announced the formation of a partnership with Adrian Flux Insurance Services, who are prepared to significantly reward drivers and bikers who voluntarily develop their motoring skills by offering them a substantial discount.

Once you've successfully passed the RoSPA Advanced test, all you have to do is contact Adrian Flux when your insurance is due, with your renewal premium figure.

The company guarantees to insure you for 25% less than the premium you
have been quoted, and in some cases the discount may be even bigger.

The only stipulation is that you must have had your own car insurance policy during the previous year (rather than being a named driver on someone else's policy) and you must not have made a claim during that time.

www.adrianflux.co.uk

or freephone: 08000 83 88 33

You will have a local group somwhere in your region

http://www.roada.org/groups/index.htm

If you pay a feeble membership subscription that will do their best to provide you with free tuition as and when you and a tutor can manage in prep for your test...

The ltutors are local volunteers that have pased the advanced test at a minimum of Silver standard and who have also received training on tutoring by an advanced tutor.

because of the voluntary nature of this...you somtimes have to wait while for a tutor to become available

this system is available for bikers, LGV & PCV too :)

i'll interested in this, more for the skills they teach then the discounted premium, but thats certinly a bonus!.

a friend of mine is currently paying 1600p/a for his insurance (and thats before the 2.5L conversion) so he's gonna find the nearest group and let me know...

i've heard theres also a police advanced driving test that will help bring your premium down a bit too - does anyone know the difference between the two??

more details of my adrian flux quote i got on monday

nissan micra 1.3SI

MODIFICATIONS DECLARED INCLUDE:

sr20de 150bhp engine conversion
s/s exhaust system
induction kit
coilover suspension
alloy wheel spacers
alloy wheels
body kit
bucket seats
harnesses
sports steering wheel
roll cage

quote is for me to drive only, 22 years old, previous sp30 conviction in 2005 which i got 5 points and £175 fine for, one years NCB, premium includes legal cover, european breakdown cover and is fully comprehensive

the quote came out at

drumroll please................................

£609

does anyone know the difference between the two??

I dont know the details of the civilian advanced test offered by the police. But based on the fact that the RoSPA Advanced test is based on the ROADCRAFT system (same as police drivin & ridding) then I guess thy will be VERY similar if not IDENTICAL. I doubt if the police course training will be free either since the police are being paid on duty....One thing is for sure, the RoSPA advanced test is graded (Gold, Silver, Bronze and Fail) and you get a full written report on all your best and worst parts of the test.

Heres a link to a sticky that I posted ages ago...there is another link inside the sticky to some more info: both links are here below for convenience.

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=14275

http://www.roadar-northeast.co.uk/msc/Micra Sports Club RoADAR.htm

Micramike - thats with having the advanced driving test is it?.

nah mate, im due to do it soon, ive been waiting about 2 years for a tutor to become available but the quote will be even cheaper with the advanced

id reccommend adrian flux to anyone

^ Christ mate, thats a well good quote.

Make sure you keep the email etc and hold them to it.

yeah mate got all the paperwork for the quote sent through in the post, too right ile be holding them to it

Back