Car insurance full comp

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Just payed car insurance in Queensland for full comp, and it has gone down to the cheapest i've ever had in my driving history at $220.19 a year for my Super S.

Im very happy with that now but have payed thousands of dollars over the years for sports cars.

My little brother who has a slx micra s2 has been stung with a bill somewhere near $1100 a year just becauce he is on his P's and is expected to drive stupidly.

Please comment on your experiences.....

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
wow, when i first got my super S last year the cheapest by a long mile was aami (others were $1600-2200) @ $1160 - 10% for doing driver safety program, and this year the best was juct cars @ $964 with unlimited mods > however havn't taken that up yet soo only got ctp at the moment. But that is fantastic tony,

Alex - oh yeah i seem to remember just cars saying to me once you had you license for 2years without incident you start to get a decent deal :D btw i'm 19

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
I pay $230 a year just for third party fire and theft.
I don't think insurance gets cheaper until you're about 25, well thats what I noticed when I was working at NRMA anyways.

I'm 21

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Just changed over to Shannon's Insurance from Suncorp who demanded $660 per year for comprehensive. Shannons have insured my micra for $7000 at a premium of $432 or $36-00 per month and they don't charge extra if you pay by the month. I can have as many windscreens as I like per year, or get other glass replaced in the car for $100-00. Oh yeah, I have been driving for 30 odd years and have NEVER had a claim, or had any serious driving offences, Suncorp's explanation of their outrageous premium was that I must live near a "black spot". Hehe, I'm pretty happy to have given them the boot.

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
you'll find with insurance that you'll all be getting charged different premiums because they take a lot of factors such as postcode, age of driver into consideration...under 25's get stung, even if they have made no claims since getting their licence. i guess the micra is good for insurance cause they arnt considered a high risk and the market value is around 6400.

imo aami are the best for competitive prices, and they also have higher excess options. But good luck getting insurance with them with more than one mod being under 25.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Mine cost me $260.00 each for full comprehensive insurance with all mods listed, but rego, 3rd party in Tassie $500.00 each!!
Rego, 3rd party based on cubic capacity of the car so a V8 would be more than double this.
Watched a guy fill up a Ford Fairlane the other day. Do not how empty it was before he started to pump but he put $70.00 bucks in which is double what the Micra takes when its sucking on petrol fumes.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I'm 23, never had to make a claim, been driving since I was 16, but have had I think about 4 speeding fines...

My lx is completely stock standard even has factory stereo, and when I first made an inquiry to the RAA they said something like "It'll be about $1000 a year full comprehensive" I cant remember what the excess was but I know I shat my pants. They also told me that I would never be able to afford to insure a super s at my age as it was the sports performance version... wtf??

So a guy at dads work told me to call my bank as most banks also do insurance, so now I am insured with BankSA full comp for $3500 for the micra at $34 a month. I cant remember the exact details, but I think that the exess is only like $300 or so. When I asked them what difference the speeding fines make they said that it had cost me an extra $40 a year.

I had to get a letter from my parents insurance company to prove my driving history as I was under their names on their cars, and also dad had put my previous car under his name, but listed me as having 50% usage.

Back