Yet moreIdeas!! (k10 SS)

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Ok after the ideas generated from the exhaust tip thread it got me thinking..

IDEA 1 - I have in my shed a pristine condition 1.2 non EEC exhaust system (no cats) and also an exhaust manifold. If i was to drill into the manifold to facilitate the O2 sensor, and then do away with the EGR system all together, would this help with power/mpg?? technically it should no??

IDEA 2 - My mate is breaking his Fazer 600 (carb model) .. and he said the carbs wont cost me much.. the bike made 89BHP when last working.. how hard is it to put bike carbs on the micra?? is it a case of get another inlet manifold, cut the piping off leaving enough to clamp the carbs onto, and bobs yer uncle?? (this would also help idea 1 as no o2 would be needed! )

Comments greatly appreiciated!!!

i understand ill need another inlet manifold... thats fine.. but will i have to do any welding? as on the bike they are connected with rubber tubes (very thick) and have fat clamps to hold em in place??

well speedle should know this one being the one who did something with bike carbs..... i think?!?:upside:

well speedle should know this one being the one who did something with bike carbs..... i think?!?:upside:

Speedle did own them but they where actualy made by paul who is banned now to my knowledge, belong to me now tho ;)

this is the sort of thing ya looking for, you'll need to have a custom manifold made up.

Attachments

• boggbros2.jpg
    boggbros2.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 277
do away with the whole ecc system, get a 1 litre carb on there a normal coil and dizzy, then you dont need the egr or o2 sensor so your other exhaust + manofold will fit straight on no probs

IDEA 2 - My mate is breaking his Fazer 600 (carb model) .. and he said the carbs wont cost me much.. the bike made 89BHP when last working.. how hard is it to put bike carbs on the micra?? is it a case of get another inlet manifold, cut the piping off leaving enough to clamp the carbs onto, and bobs yer uncle?? (this would also help idea 1 as no o2 would be needed! )

Comments greatly appreiciated!!![/QUOTE]

the bike carbs have a 38mm hole in and your micra inlet in only around
26mm,so yes you will need an inlet making up like paul had made

Hi mate

ill get the contact details of the people that mad pauls manfold for you mate, it wasn't as expensive as you might think for the power gains to be had. i shall speak to paul tonight for you and get the details. the manifold he had made was nothing short of a work of art

Comments greatly appreiciated!!!

26mm,so yes you will need an inlet making up like paul had made[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is... if i find a bank of 4 bike carbs that are 26ish mm they will go staight onto the micra inlet if cut properly using rubber tubing and jubilee clips??

I think i want a custom inlet with bike carbs, as the stock inlet is apparently V resrictive.. Am i right in thinking cutom inlet with bike carbs will give much more power than just sticking a 1L/N13 carb on??

Cheers for replies so far!!

26mm,so yes you will need an inlet making up like paul had made

So what your saying is... if i find a bank of 4 bike carbs that are 26ish mm they will go staight onto the micra inlet if cut properly using rubber tubing and jubilee clips??

I think i want a custom inlet with bike carbs, as the stock inlet is apparently V resrictive.. Am i right in thinking cutom inlet with bike carbs will give much more power than just sticking a 1L/N13 carb on??

Cheers for replies so far!![/QUOTE]

yes very much,,,bike carb that is

Back