De-Cat my SS

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I want to remove the 2 cats from my ss.. can i just put on the old version 1.2 exhaust system on it (ie 1.2 but no cats as stock)? or do i need a janspeed thingy? also will this improve fueling/power

Many thanks!!!

You will need the complete exhaust including the non cat manifold, Your best bet would be to gut the standard primary cat and replace the second cat with a straight tube or straight through silencer. The cat manifold is a better design than the standard manifold.

indeed amy is right the cat manifold is better design, however the easiest way to do this is get a bog standard k10 manifold and exhaust system and replace the lot, it is worth doing. i did this on my super s and it made the car a hell of alot more responsive. the MPG was not affected by any great degree.

but the problem is the SS manifold has an O2 sensor on it so i want to keep the SS manifold. why wont the rest of a 1.2 system fit? i found the whole system - the manifold for £20. so im gonna get it anyway and have a go at fitting it :)

Back