Decat my Super S

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Ok this is the situation.. I have 1 full standard 1.2 CAT system, and one full 1.2 PRE cat system, ie no cats... what parts can be used to make a no cat system? I think i need to keep the CAT manifold as it has O2 sensors and things in it. any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!!

Courior

Ok this is the situation.. I have 1 full standard 1.2 CAT system, and one full 1.2 PRE cat system, ie no cats... what parts can be used to make a no cat system? I think i need to keep the CAT manifold as it has O2 sensors and things in it. any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!!

Courior

drill a hole in the not cat manifold for the sensor.

First of all the manifold on the CAT system K10 is different, which means the downpipe is different, also the rear piece of the system is bolted to the 2nd CAT.

The Non-CAT exhaust has a longer neck from manifold down under the engine compared to the CAT system.this Non CAT system is Sleeved iirc to the rear exhaust piece, so unfortunately you cannot use this,

bestway round to De-CAT the system is to knock out the stuff in the Catalyc Converter with a Hammer and long Chisel.

Good Luck

i have a ss manifold on my standard 1.2, all i did was like 'super s 1.5t' said. using a chisel with the first cat off, gouge it all out and then put it back on. as for the second one, just make a normal type decat pipe, 2 flanges with a straight pipe inbetween.

Speedle's pretty clued up when it comes to removing the ECC & Cats if you ever wanted to go down that route. There's also a DIY guide in the guide section if you fancied doing it yourself.

I want to keep the ECC as i have been told it helps with MPG and its generally useful. the EGR i dont mind binning. I think im gonna take off the cat system, then lay it next to the non cat system and play with the angle grinder a little. then play with the welder a little. bloomin thing! cheers for all the responses so far.

Back