Yes another thread about the eBay kit

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone actaully know what the quality of the kit is.

I know some had seen if at a car some and said it looked bad but ain't that down to poor fitting and man work?

I've seen the kit on a micra from another supplier and it looks good cause of the people who fitted it.

PLEASE ONLY FACTUAL REPLIES NO OPINIONS ABOUT THE KIT

the kit itself is probably an ok kit... its just the reputation that bad boys have got. when we seen the kit on the purple micra at JAE yes it did look a mess but yea mainly down to the fitting.
i would probably recommend from another supplier as from my memory i think the one off ebay has some bad feedback there so wouldnt recommend. i think some of neils kit from the SR was the same kit but just from a different supplier and neils car looked well nice!

not sure if thats any help like?
danni

I've seen the kit on a micra from another supplier and it looks mint but the price for the eBay kit is much cheaper.

Does anyone know spmeone who has bought the eBay kit, most their bad feedback is eitehr damaged during delivary or late delievary.

The kit it's self is okay, but as Danni says its the place that it was fitted. They're guff.
Anyways if you got the kit, take it to a good place to fit it and it would be okay. Ask neil on where he got his, as sure it wasn't direct from them. seemingly the only things that are wrong with it are just the fittings, but not sure on this.
Titch

From what I saw on my mates kit there is none, so it is a DIY job but seeing as it already fibreglass, moulding some mounts won't be too hard.

So basically the kit may very well be good but the people who did the work ain't?

i have the front bumper in my room at home and the quality TBH is crap, it will be ok after it is strengthened and once the mountings are added but in the end you may as well pay more and get a good one to start off with then you wont have to spend more getting it up to standard.

Is it the front one from eBay?
I was planning on adding more fibre glass to the inside especially where it is to be mounted, I will be doing all the work myself and don't mind, would rather attempt it on the cheaper kit than a more expensive one.

Do you have any pics Davey? would like to see the inside!

Bad Boys = thin firbeglass = crap quality and no mounts only a shell.

Kev

Back