Yearly MSC Meet

i believe we should arrange something beside JAE where all of us members can meet on a yearly basis so it will be made around the same time each year and for MSC members to bring and buy stuff with an appropriate venue where we can go get a pub lunch and stuff..

obviously we would have to place it at a decent time of year and somewhere in this little country where everyone can access with reasonable ease...

lets have your oppinions i will take it upon myself to arrange this and phone around for venues.... to make this viable we would need at least 20 or more members....

i know there is effort involved but new members would always be welcome same with old... also this can be a good idea for the mods to come too so we can also discuss issues or improvements face to face with them

so lets see some support for my crazy idea (Y)

what bout meet at a trackday like oulton park where ppl could meet, eat, drink, exchange and if some fancied they could also go on the track?

exactly have a little time attack stuff would also be a great feature in the new newsletter...

come on guys who is up for this stuff it should be really good...

make it somethign where the site goes silent for a day cos everyone is together like a good community this is

it will only work if people are prepared to make it though... we will never find a day where everyone is free as something always comes up a few days before etc...

im now thinking maybe this isnt a good idea and was a spare of the moment thing...

it needs to be done so that it can be announced long before a few months maybe so people can book a day off and take holiday off work or keep it free... but at the end of the day people would rather work than come have a good day out and i dont blame them in these economic times

im now thinking maybe this isnt a good idea and was a spare of the moment thing...

Noo.

I think people have tried to set up similar meets before but they never get 'set in stone' so people just don't turn up. Could pick a bank holiday weekend and vote for the best day perhaps, and stick to it -just a thought as I'd like to see this meet happen.

well idea would be that its a set time every single year not too close to JAE though

still need more interest from people for me to look into it...

I'm definitely up for it, new to the site and would be good to put names to faces. Quite the enthusiast and would love to see new ideas for the car!

So certainly count me in.

I like this idea. Wouldn't be worth me busting up my little 1.0 on a track but could be a good day out, exchanging ideas, selling/swapping parts etc. Would be great if it's easy for newbies like myself to come along and get stuck in.

As long as it's somewhere central so that it's fair for everyone I don't see why not (Y)

Could be worth finding out areas where there are lots of MSC members and rotating the location each year. There might not be many dead in the centre of the country.

still need a few more and iill make something happen :D mods if you can notice this id like to be a rap or whatever for this

Will, if you can make this happen, then I have no problem with you organising it, setting the location and date.

All it needs now is a little effort, commitment and input from people to help this along.

Not mad keen on Shakies, if you think the timing lights at Santa Pod are amystery, you ain't seem nothin' yet! A meet would be awesome, I'd love to meet some other members, don't mind how far I have to drive (Y).

well the idea would be a set sort of date in a set sort of lacation once a year or mybe twice seeing on the outcome and i know peoples cars move fast around here so always updates and bits and bobs....

i dont know how people would feel about forking out for a track day etc

nice rap will:grinning:
......must be's
1 in summer,,,,,begining of??,,,so no one can use it as an excuse for missing jae event!!!!!!!
2 all book that day of well in advance
3 different location every year
4 majority votes have the ruling on the "must be's" that all decide on
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

im up for the meet i think its a great idea, it'll be great to get to meet a few of you and gives the chance for other members to catch up with eachother :D

i think the track day sounds more of and idea, be a great meet and like you said if anyone wants to go on the track the can :D

im up for it aswell if get a date certain booked and where its situated and would drive over from n.ireland, sounds awesomely cool :) hope it happens

How about some kind of awards ceremony? Keep it light, categories could include: The OCD concours award, most ridiculous, most dirty car, best car name, most offensive to the eyes, the 'my gran would love it' award and maybe some more serious ones. A bit of a mix would keep it from being too competitive and appeal to people with crap cars like mine but still give people an extra excuse to come along.

righto okay then lets get ourselves a date for the 1st one lets say mid june... however i know karlj is expecting then so he may not be able to make it

lets call it the BKM- best kept micra.

different cats, un modified, modified, daily driver and so on

location has to be bang center of the uk to make it fair to everyone including us in scotland :p

This should be held on a sunday but grounds should have enough room for everyone to camp, bring caravan ect and stay over night on the saturday that way we can all mingle have a giggle a few drinks or whatever the night before show day :D:D

*this is how other clubs do there annual event* (Y)

sorry i forgot to add in.....

if its going to be something that happens every year like the big event, please rememebr there are people on here that dont have a sports micra and it is very basic so a track day woulnt be very suitable so i was thinking more along the lines of juts a big get together in a field haha with the added extras of awards, maybe even get in contact with other car clubs relating to nissan to see if we can arrange something with them??? and even have a few hog roasts :D mmmmm starving now haha just an idea and how other car forums have done it in the past and all being very successfull :D

oh and it should be child friendly too for the ones who have kids ;);)

go-karting would be better as pollyp said it'll level up the playing field, also the thought of a MSC yearly camp is brilliant... Find a camp site set up on the saturday leave on the sunday

A Sunday sounds good to me.Work Saturday and taking one off in the week is no go.Saying that,i have every sixth week off,so it may tie in.
Its a good idea what ever you come up with.Never going to suit all.

i think a good old drink up the night before would be a great idea... if people dont want to camp then they dont have to! and they can arrive the next day.... does anyone know of a field or something suitable or do you mean an actual campsite?

yeah exactly we could arrange it where we stay the night then the next day we meet the rest and go carting or whatever... but more interest needs to be shown from more members

gotcha
just thought fair is

yeah i know what you mean anyway mate, it may be a bit too much trying to organise two meets at the same time without people getting confused on which is which! (i know what people can be like..)

however ill only be willing to go to a central meet as its gunna cost a fortune in fuel else id go to both plus it will probably be better involving more members, camping, go-karting etc.

There may also need to be someone such as an admin or long term member who knows most people to co-ordinate things if anyone knows what im on about.. ha

somewhere in yorkshire or midlands is about middle for everyone :D i might need to travel down the week before and stop at every service station though lol not sure my car will travel that far lol

Back