xr5 turbo hatch, anyone know about them?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Moving up in the corporate world (of mcdonalds ahhhahaha), seriously though I'm about to get really good benefits so I think it's time for a new car. I still wanna stay small but now i want way more power, definitely can't afford a mini-S so I'm looking at the xr5 turbo, looks good on paper but does anyone here have any experience with them or know the pros and cons of them?

Don't worry I'm not trading in the micra (not for my life)!!
Plans for it are serious restoration and garage life until one of my younger siblings or god forbid my own kid needs a vehicle.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
hmm about the most I know about em is that they're powered by volvo. So my guess is that parts will be prohibitively expensive, but really that's no different than most cars these days. ( Have you tried shopping at Nissan Australia lately :p )

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
yeh they are volvo motors but even though i love the vw golf gti, 10 grand less gets me the same motor in a nice lookin ford hatch. Mind you, i may just hold out for the new 2010 tiburon cause ive always liked the look but hated having fwd and underpowered motor... But the new year one is comin V6 RWD turbo. Should be niiiice :)

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
jeremy clarkson from top gear rated the following

2.5 eng xr5 turbo 5dr man hatch 6sp,$42,990, 166kw,320nm, 15/20
1.6 eng cooper clubman s wagon 3dr man 6sp, $43,200, 128kw,240nm, 16/20

my choice ...the cooper, will hold more value than ford

Back