xenon 4300K

just fitted in the afternoon, really easy to do ;)

mini-guide

first of all buy a H4 HID conversion kit, for best light take a 4300°K while for best colour 6000°K or 8000°K
for installation I use alcool and scottex for cleaning, a little-crick with 10mm key (I don't know english name, see picture), insulating tape

disconnect battery

xeno07.jpg

xeno08.jpg

disconnect all wires and take out grill and headlights (four 10mm bolts for light, 1 over, 2 on engine side and 1 front under grill)

xeno10.jpg

take out old bulb and take in new HID bulb, it fits exactly the same of old one, you must put all cables and connectors that has HID bulbs in the middle of metallic clip so you can close clip and bulb is fitted, now take the protection rubber and put the same cables/connectors of HID bulb in the centre hole of rubber, you made this with care and patience, hole is little for connectors but at the end all goes with no problems (I fit philips white w5w bulbs and new blinker bulbs also)

xeno11.jpg

xeno18.jpg

xeno23.jpg

now choose a place to fit HID-unit, I found in my Micra on UK driver side a hole in which I put a 10mm bolt like original micra bolts and on UK passenger side I put unit where before there were original air induction tubes/hoses
before fitting units in your engine connect the 3 wires unit-bulb and then fit units

xeno21.jpg

xeno24.jpg

take on your headlights, connect the last two connectors (the 2 original connectors of lights), connect battery, start your engine and illuminate the world :D

xeno26.jpg

xeno27.jpg

xeno30.jpg

I hope you can understand my little guide, sorry but I speak like a 3 years old child
prrr.gif

Arnold said:
They look very bright!

hehe...there's been many a time while driving on A roads that you think someone is still on full beam, so you flash them....only to be blinded by the xenon's they flash back lol

there is bright...and then there is xenon

nice guide you did there though Reichard fella ;)

Thats very very cheap. Can you do a installation guide for these? as im after some now. Do you have to take headlights out? cause mine when i tried was breaking the actual headlight unit. :(

Andy_S said:
Thats very very cheap. Can you do a installation guide for these? as im after some now. Do you have to take headlights out? cause mine when i tried was breaking the actual headlight unit. :(
I can do an installation guide, I made it tonight because I'm italian and so I'm a little slow to write in english :slm:

I take out headlight because on driver side (for me, passenger side for UK) there is no place for my big hands :D

sonic said:
They look awesome, I want some, could HIDs be used on a March with plastic lenses, or would it melt them ?
excuse me but ... why do your micra have e plastic lenses? mine are in glass (I believe :suspect:)

His is the k10, and they are plastic :)

I could do with cleaning the lights and fitting new bulbs, My current ones are NOT that good.

Igloo said:
His is the k10, and they are plastic :)

I could do with cleaning the lights and fitting new bulbs, My current ones are NOT that good.
Mines a k11 and theyre plastic coz its an import.

Clicky

Do i just buy that,

Then

Fit as shown? According to their decsription they supply the bulbs?

What about if i want all the bulbs xenon? Just buy the additional bulbs? If so which ones??

Sorry for the questions :(

Igloo

You cannot get Xenon sidelight bulbs as far as I know, they are 501 wedge bulbs, and you can get "whiter" versions of them though.

As for driving lamps on Super S's etc, I think they can be converted to HID actually as the bulbs are H3, now imagine that - 4 HID lights with full beam on, you'd probably burn the road!! Haha!

HID lights are illegal and against the Construction and Use regulations when they are not fitted with auto leveling system or a cleaning system on uk cars.

Ed said:
HID lights are illegal and against the Construction and Use regulations when they are not fitted with auto leveling system or a cleaning system on uk cars.
Cleaning system? as in headlamp washers?

It varies between makes. I presume they would also need to be type approved.

can you still adjust the dip or are they fixed in place?

and woah **** me thats blinding!

Back