Xenon bulbs?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hi there guys /gals. I am thinking of fitting some xenon bulbs in my 1995 k11 which I took out of my old k11. I had them in my old k11 and they worked ok with the standard connectors but 1 of the bulbs blew and burnt out the connector but strangely enough the left bulb was fine. Do you think I am best off getting these off ebay? And if so are they easy to wire up? Thanks. Any advice????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-472-3-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43addb89dd

It's just a common fault with the connectors my passenger side melted totally in the end and then started it's wicked work on my fuse box...
Get a new connector from breakers yard.
Xenon bulbs will be fine as long as there the legal 55w not the 100w ones I have them in mine :)

Avi said:
Xenons in reflectors? Without levelling sensors & washers they're illegal & an MOT Fail.

I think he means 55w H4s with the blue filter, they're sometimes labelled Xenon on eBay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

It's just a common fault with the connectors my passenger side melted totally in the end and then started it's wicked work on my fuse box...
Get a new connector from breakers yard.
Xenon bulbs will be fine as long as there the legal 55w not the 100w ones I have them in mine :)
Yeah that happend to my old micra but it was the drivers side that burnt out and then I had to get an auto electrician to sort the burnt out part of the fuse box. I cant remember what he did but I know he bypassed something. I am just gonna order the connector off ebay but I'm gonna get the ceramic ones just to be safe. Thanks dude. :)

Hi there guys /gals. I am thinking of fitting some xenon bulbs in my 1995 k11 which I took out of my old k11. I had them in my old k11 and they worked ok with the standard connectors but 1 of the bulbs blew and burnt out the connector but strangely enough the left bulb was fine. Do you think I am best off getting these off ebay? And if so are they easy to wire up? Thanks. Any advice????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-472-3-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43addb89dd
Hi guys / gals. I need someone to tell me which wires goes with what when I wire up these new connectors listed above. ???

what i did was cut one wire at a time and join it straight away to the matching one on the new plug,that way to be sure :)

one reason i didnt get ceramic was so these plastic could be sacrificed again instead of fuse box

what i did was cut one wire at a time and join it straight away to the matching one on the new plug,that way to be sure :)
I was gonna do that mate but my wires are yellow / red / blue and the wires on the new connector are white / blue / black. ??????

one reason i didnt get ceramic was so these plastic could be sacrificed again instead of fuse box
So am I ok just getting normal connectors then because I'm gonna be using 100watt xenon bulbs :)

I was gonna do that mate but my wires are yellow / red / blue and the wires on the new connector are white / blue / black. ??????
if you cut the middle wire that goes to the singed plug,,,,,,,,solder join that to the middle one on your new plug. one by one matching where they end up.

next in line to fry is the engine bay fuse box for em. thats a reported issue
its probly bulb conectors arcing that does the fuse box meltdown

next in line to fry is the engine bay fuse box for em. thats a reported issue
its probly bulb conectors arcing that does the fuse box meltdown
Think I'll just get some 55watt ones then. Bit gutted that I bought these 100watts now because there just gonna sit around gathering dust and theres no point selling them as they were only a fiver on ebay. Its not big loss, just more of an annoyance at myself!

Back