Bulb suggestions?

Also listed in the body fittings forum...

Right guys, first of all I'm after some clear, orange flashing indicator bulbs for the side and front repeaters (that is bulbs that appear clear or chrome when not lit, but flash orange when in use)...

Secondly, I wanna upgrade the front bulbs to something brighter so if you could give suggestions on bulb types etc that's be great. Would also consider HID upgrade if cost was decent (would love projectors but I think they'd cost more than the car!?)...

If you could give me some ideas and/or links that'd be much appreciated, particularly if it's a part you've got or used!

Cheers guys...​

HID would cause you hassle with the law. Not worth it in my opinion.
i had some chrome indicators in my k11 just search for them on eBay.
I always buy from these guys. Not taking any flak if you get issues though.: Clicky

Example:

No worries, no flak to you sir! You haven't had any issues have you?

Are those the correct bulb codes or are the just an example?

What are the legal issues with headlights? I see alot of people driving around with super bright lights that are blinding an always wonder how they get away with it? Also see alot of the blue headlights, which I thought were illegal, but correct me if I'm wrong? Thought you could only have blue in the side lights but not main beam, or vice versa?

I've tried 3 different sets of headlight bulbs so far, and the ones i'm currently using, Philips Blue Vision Ultra, are the best by a very long way! They're a bright white light that lights up the road much further ahead than others and they have a slight blue tone to them when you look at them up close. Even better, they were only £16 on ebay, and they came with matching sidelight bulbs too :D

Yeah they will all fit, although when it comes to lights i'd always go for a better brand like Philips, Ring or Osram.
And yes those wipers are good, clear the screen much better than the standard wipers although I found my passenger side one was slightly too long as the end cap bit touches the windscreen rubber but only by a few cm's

I've already bit the bullet and ordered them all... I'll see how they go and if needs be order more headlight bulbs next month... These have got a guarantee on them so if they're not too good I'll send 'em back... worth a punt for £7.45 mind...

Hids are going to be Illigal by september on the MOT front and you will be pulled for them unless you have the correct modifications, I have tried loads of differnt bulbs for my head lights as im abit of a Light Fanatic, but i keep going back to Ring Ultima they say they are 120% brighter on the road and i would say thats defo the case they are amazing, and to be honest i wish i put them in my spots to rather than the halfords ones i have :/ and those wipers are brilliant as they bend to the shape of the window so wipe better...

Back