WTB CG13DE long motor for CVT K11

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
A friend of a friend has a CVT SLX aussie delivered micra that just munched a timing chain or two..... read 3 bent valves and "modified" pistons/cylinder head..

As a result I am asking anyone where to get a cheap complete motor for a straight swap over. The car is in the Sydney area. Cisco?? Where did you get your Jap spec motor with the low kms from and please remind me how much it cost.. including shipping if any.

I also need to make sure that there is no difference between the engine blocks in an auto micra vs a manual one.
i.e. Is there any posibility that the gearbox bolts up differently.

Your help is much appreciated :)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Geoff,

I think "evade" got one from the following place. Might be worth a try ?. Sorry I don't know anything about the auto gearbox bellhousing.

Delux Auto Mechanical Repairs
93 Woodpark Rd Smithfield NSW 2164
ph: (02) 9721 2855

CMF_bosito

» CMF Member
Geoff I have a complete motor for sale. It is from a manual that had 100,000k's on it and was running well. I am happy to let it go for $250. Not sure if there is a difference with the cvt one but can take some measurements for. The only thing missing is the dizzy. I'm in melb so freight could be an issue. Give me a pm if you are interested.

cisco

» CMF Member
Geoff, Moore parts plus in Cambelltown got me mine.
Was about $660 delivered I think. Approx 40,000km black top jap spec engine.

I'm not sure if the CVT engines are different, but I wouldn't think too much. The gearbox should be made to fit the FB40 bolt pattern. Not sure about the flywheel though..

If I were Nissan, I wouldn't want to make a different engine bolt pattern just because I'm changing the gearbox. But be interesting to confirm..

I think Delux Auto also still have engines in Smithfield, NSW too. Not sure of price thesedays though mate.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Cisco or anybody that might no,Does the jap spec black top have more power than an Aussie spec?

If it doesn't it would be one of the first cars with the same power Aussie/jap that i can remember..

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
its the same power block. but the jap k11 has more power 79 over 75 as it has a different map on the ecu for higher octane fuel and it doesnt have a 2nd cat.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah the jap vs aus power differences are usually always about the ECU tuning for the fuel etc.

No big deal if you're going to end up with programmable management anyway. And not really enough power difference to notice in real life and say "whoa!!!" anyway heh.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Thank you all for your input.. My friend of a friend has it pretty much sorted now.. I contacted Deluxe Auto and they had a complete motor for 550 inc GST. Plus they will deliver for a minimal fee to the workshop.

thanks again :)

Back