Would you declare Nissan alloys?

Hi all,

I have my insurance coming up soon, and I was thinking of renewing with Norwich Union (this year it was £500 1st time on my own insurance, Nissan 13" alloys declared with locking wheelnuts), and for next year i got an online quote which was £412 which seemed the best i'v seen, but heres the thing : would you declare the alloys as they're Nissan? Are they still classed as a mod even tho they're made by the car manufacturer?

Cheers.

p.s. Long time no see guys, hope everyone's doin alright!

not sure, best to check with your insurers to be honest, as they're 13's they're not going to add much if any to your premium. and the other question is do you value them?! if you do then insure them!

Jim, cheers mate, thing is - they don't know they're 13's and they only know that they're non standard, for all they know they could be dead expensive 17" momos or something...so it's annoying that iv gotta pay the same premium.

yes I do value them but as they only cost me £100 new, if I can get valid car insurance without telling them about them, I would prefer to not have them declared....if i'm making any sense lol! :p

If u car had alloys on as std when made ie SR or Si models then no you dont need to decalre them as they are in the spec.

However if u have a car that was made with steelies, ie a super s or an lx and its isnt in the initial spec of the car, u will need to declare them.

I've not declaired my nissan 100 alloys! I can say they were on the car when i bought it, and no reason to think otherwise - having nissan written on them n all

Back