Worth spending money on or scrap it?

My 2001, Y reg, 3dr, 1.0 S, Manual, Met Blue, 97k miles, K11 is now surplus to requirements. Its been good to me but I don't need it now 'cos I've moved house and can get the train to work.

It's going to cost £560 plus the cost of 3 tyres to get it MOT'd and back on the road. It's in fair condition and looks nice.
Do folk think its worth spending this kind of moey on the car? What would you do?
I hate to scrap something which still has some life in it, scrappy offered me £70. But I wonder if I'm just being sentimental.
Would I get my money back selling it?

whats wrong with it? you have to think about how much your next car is gonna cost you and how much mot the new car has, id say £560 is not that bad.

It's only 9 years old, for that price fix it and sell it on. In it's current condition it isn't worth anything but when fixed it's worth more than the cost of repair plus scrap price.

It's in clean condition. It needs a lot but the mechanic is cheap. Welding to rear underside of car near the fuel tank, rear brake pipes, front discs, ball joints, CV boot, brake cylinder, link rod bushes x 2 , radiator leaking, sump rusty and leaking, handbrake cables, .
I'm surprised it was corroded, this is my first japanese car and I'm a bit disappointed at how much work it needs but I didn't get undrneath it before I bought it so I'm paying the price now.
I think I will get it fixed its a great car when its on the road.
Also some mildew on rear seat after lying unused since last July.

Back