116000 K11 Worth it or not?

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
i love my micra, but the miles are getting higher real fast on her!

would it be worth carrying on with this one until she dies (getting a new engine or rebuilding the engine when she dies real bad), considering i've only spent about £400/£500 on it and got it for £300!?

or buying another as
project so either way i have a backup micra to ride around in and one to do up?

its time to decide where to invest and what to save up / look out for now!
:glare:

http://www.micra.org.uk/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=5415

any advice from previous exp. much appreciated!

the engine on a K11 isn't a vital thig!!! They do run for ages. In the event the engine does go...a CG10 or 13 can be picked up for around £50-100 and it's not a massive job to change, and is also quite fun.

The bodywork on the K11s is the major thing, whats the condition of the crossmember and sills??

mines is on 130k,original engine,had two gearboxes in 6 month lol and two clutches!!! ive only had it since july,surface rust starting to show,usual places top of windscreen,sills but no bad rust and front cross member is whole,and original,however it shakes like a sh!tting dog when hitting 60-70mph,i assume this is bottom ball joints?? any other ideas??

mines is on 130k,original engine,had two gearboxes in 6 month lol and two clutches!!! ive only had it since july,surface rust starting to show,usual places top of windscreen,sills but no bad rust and front cross member is whole,and original,however it shakes like a sh!tting dog when hitting 60-70mph,i assume this is bottom ball joints?? any other ideas??

Steering rack, tracking, un balanced wheels, damaged wheels, ball joint, whish bone, worn bushes.

yer, i've heard of these engines getting to loads of miles, if i were u i would just keep driving it, i should think it will rot before the engine dies :p

my K10 1.0 engine is on around 117000 and still going strong after a lot of ragging :p

the engine on a K11 isn't a vital thig!!! They do run for ages. In the event the engine does go...a CG10 or 13 can be picked up for around £50-100 and it's not a massive job to change, and is also quite fun.

The bodywork on the K11s is the major thing, whats the condition of the crossmember and sills??

yeah, i think i might clean mine up real nice (oil cleaned up, painting, new hoses etc...) and change that manifold...

i'm not sure but abit like micramike mine starts shaking at 70mph and i see it unsafe to go above 85mph in it...on the other hand, once i get some more mods (better springs!:)) and the back stripped the acceleration should continue to be micra worthy!

but if i can pick up a low milage k11, at a good price i will defo go for it and clear out the garage ready for a new project :)
(so if anyones selling LET ME KNOW PLEASE!)

Any rust can be chopped out and replaced with fresh steel though, once repaired and waxoyled properly there should be no problems with rust again.

Steering rack, tracking, un balanced wheels, damaged wheels, ball joint, whish bone, worn bushes.

had the tracking done,changed the track rod ends,had the wheels balanced,wheels are undamaged,im thinking bottom ball joints and wishbone bushes, are the steering racks prone for going on these like???

Back