Whats it worth?

In my quest to find a decent micra ive realised that micra prices are either A) Over-inflated or B) Currently generaly rather high.
I went to see an R-reg prefacelift today with 30k on the clock. Its only faults are the corner of the windscreen is delaminated (will need one soon), it needs a darn good polish, and its got a bit of rust on the outer sill just in front of the rear wheel, with a good poke id expect it to go through. I took it for a road test and it drives like a new car to be fair, and personaly i think it drives far better than a facelift car, probably due to having no power steering, just the way i like it. It will come with a new MOT, and no tax. I like it enough to want it, and I need a car by this weekend and good Micras a little thin on the ground at the moment, the ones ive looked at so far have been covered in the usual dents and scratches, but appart from a couple of little ones on the bonnet there isnt much on this one at all, but on the plus side its white so these bits are easily fixed. But is a car like this really worth £1500?

Also, another thing thats bugging me, are prefacelifts bodywork made of thicker metal than the later ones? It certainly sounded that way when I gave the rear quarter a knock.

1500? I'd say defo not!

My friend just bought a 51 plate Golf GTi for 1500 and another got a P reg E36 318is for a monkey. So 1500 is dreamland :p

Considering there's no tax, needs a windscreen and sills need welding and it's an old R reg... 500 what i'd pay max.

I paid 575 for mine, rust free with 10months MOT and 6months tax.

i payed £100 for a n reg 13 5dr 2 years ago long tax and mot owner just wanted rid and it wouldnt start just fuel filter blocked think it was round the 100000 miles

Thats a hell of a lot of money for any Micra esp if it has some rust...........saying that i saw a minter on a garage forecourt the other day for £2750........i nearly chocked on my chewing gum

mine was up for 2000.. :/ guy wouldent budge any lower though because the day before we got it it had its service and had a few new parts, also got an MOT and 6 months tax.. he licked my old 1L enough to give me 700 for it though :p

Cheers all, thats prety much what I thought. My old 52plate facelift cost £650 with 46000 on it 18 months ago but it had a big ol' repair to do to the front bumper, wing and door that would have put any one off, and it was in dire need of a service. The other option ive got at the moment is a Yreg facelift 1.4 with 43000 on the clock at £2000 with 12 months T+T, the only problem is its green. EVERYWHERE. Door trim, dash strip and steering wheel, and its got aircon which I dont really want, its also got afew scuffs on it and no service history but I have it on good word that it has always been serviced by the owner but never kept receipts. To be fair it runs sweet as a nut and is so quiet, also it pulls like a train compared to a 1.0.
The silly thing is, if the prefacelift hadnt had the rust or the windscreen problem and 12 months tax I problably would have been happy to pay £1500 for it, simply because I prefer base spec rather than one with all the extras. I prefer the front end as well, and the wa the steering feels without the powersteering, its all down to personal preference i guess. Also, I need to fit my alloys to one with the right size tyres and stance it right out. I need to see my wheels on a prefacelift, its probably quite sad that thats all it boils down too:D
My other option might be.......... get the 1.4, put a prefacelift front end on it and rip the aircon out, and paint it a different shade of green other than the washed-out mettalic green, stance and roll.

Back