paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
its here at last :D

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

started on sandin the kit for sprayin today :)

Clean looking car mate! Is that the 1.2 yeah? I see you have the ECC engine! Looks a lot more complex to what im used to!
That spoiler looks nice, any idea what its originaly off, ive never seen one like that on a k10 before...

spoiler came on it and its only had two registered lady owners so i dont know the kit is krazy's old kit. skirts a preped j ut te bumpers to do. and yes im not to sure on some of the bits under the hood looks like theres alot more there than a MA10 just a quickie how did u guys fit aftermarket air filters as it seems there is nothing on the carb to screw it down to

firstly the spoiler is also a foah spoiler so shall fit in nicely with the foah kit that you got from Krazy.

secondly you use the centre bolt witht eh butterfly end to fix it down,
unbolt the butterfly nut, remove old filter and then attach new after,market filter. rebolt through.
if it is a cone filter you have then you use a jubilee clip around the end around the neck of the carb (this is small and you will have to be accurate of itll just slide off

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

cheers quickie wot do i do with all the extra pipes that seem to be running to the filter box im tryin to put a piperX on it which has one like return

You might have a lot of problems with fitting a naftermarket filer on the carb. As wayne rightly says, you use the centre bolt for fixing it, you can only use a cone filter with a jubilee clip on a weber carb, which has a much igger lip (and is crap anyway)

However, the ECC system has quite a few sensors in the airpan, and about 3 vacuum spriung valves too, so to do it all properly, you'd need to relocate those to K&N by drilling the base plate and mounting them al and wiring them all up.

If you just want the daft sound, just drill your air pan, but only the outer rim of it, i.e. the area BEFORE the filter.

691508_125_full.jpg

Hitatchi carb with induction piping to a RaceX filter, all held with 3 jubilee clips. Also chrome oil breather (not in pic)

My engine was a standard MA10, but i bought a MA12 ECC engine and just used the MA12 block and MA10 manifolds and carb in my conversion so i get the extra power and dont have to worry about all those sensors!

Back