Battery mods?

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
Got a smaller battery installed today with 2year guarantee for my k11. If some people remember i had a whooping 870 amp battery, it was for a diesel truck and was heavy and massive and bigtime overkill, but i had that for when i was running my juicy 1000w RMS amp.

as for now got a standard sized smaller battery pretty happy with it at the moment, looks out of balance with engine bay any ideas on makin it look better?

i was thinking of sprayin it black but dnt no whether spray will stay on the surface any ideas?

Image212121.jpg

also this guy who installed the battery was bedazzaled by the micra, he told me that the crank should be changed for a steel one as the cast iron one is going to break soon because he can hear it knocking....

i was like OK.... if you say so mate....... i told him about micras being able to run on 8psi without internal mods.... he said well thats good for them.....

do we have cast iron cranks? or steel ones?

the knocking he can hear is probably the timing chain lol.

Remember if you use a battery box, make sure your style of battery doesn't need venting.

The crank is cast. Its not steel by steel he means machined billet - expensive stuff on a mass production car. Standard crank can take 200bhp+ so i wouldn't worry. RPM is more of a killer than turbo anyway, and we all know they can be made to rev stupidly high.

Basically you must remember that fitting a turbo/supercharger adds very little relative stress compared to what the conrod/crankshaft experiences anyway, for example making it rev another 1500-2000 rpm would place more stress on the crank than say a turbo at 1 bar + iirc. :)

Back