Hmm, this car isn't actually too bad...

Never been a fan of the k12 up till now, but being low on funds I picked up a biffed about, unloved dci recently, and thanks to this forum have been able to tackle some of its issues.

It's loaded with gadgets - reversing sensors, climate control, auto wipers, stuff only posh cars had until recently! Despite that though, the interior is like the inside of a Lada - all hard plastics, not a bit of fabric to soften things up for a supposedly top line model. Strange. Still...

Things sorted:
Rough engine - full service including fuel filter, oil and Millars injector cleaner. Seems a bit happier now.

Interior light - fixed thanks to info here!

Sterio - coded thanks to help here! Woo hoo!

Climate control - working after aircon service.

To do:
Fit new EGR valve (eBay £38)
Find/make rubber button for driver's door handle
Repair front bumper
Save up for timing belt change!

Favourite feature? Being able to see the sidelights at night!

Thanks for all your help so far.:cool:

Hi @Microdot,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Micra world. My K12 has been a brilliant little car, again purchased cheap due to lack of funds and therefore required some minor problems to be fixed. All of my problems I have been able to fix with minimal effort and most issues on this little car can be fixed by any DIY enthusiast.

Mine has been extremely reliable even doing a long daily commute for well over a year. I never really was a fan of the Micra before owning one but now after owning it I am a converted fan of these. Especially as I found mine really easy to live with on a daily basis, fairly cheap and easy to maintain and above all I found mine to be one of the most reliable cars I have owned.

Mine has loads of gadgets (auto wipers, air con, keyless entry etc) but I agree that the interior is full of dull hard plastic. Although you do get used to it quite quickly.

I'm glad you've found the posts on here useful and I see that you've already used a few to fix some of your problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Back