Wonky wheels

So I removed the hubs from driveshafts but left the steering rack attached, re-assembled, now I have passenger wheel spot on, drivers is about 1/4 turn of the wheel out, so steering right. How can that happen, I have fitted wider/larger wheels, is the issue just being magnified from poor adjustment prior? I never touched the adjustment rod so it should be perfect?!?
Thoughts? The wheel does seem to protrude from the arch slightly more also? Might try slackening off the suspension strut to see if I have some slack to push back in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

the hub to strut bolt has a tiny amount of clearance to move about in before the bolts are fully tightened (bit like how camber bolts work).
this means that during tightening, the hubs angle against the strut could be shifted which will affect camber.

due to the geometry of our suspension (steering arm joint located inbetween the lower ball joint and top swivel joint) even though the lower ball joint, top joint and steering rod remains the same position, the tiny shift in camber can actually affect that wheels alignment therefore causing the steering and toe to be out.

I always insert both hub/strut bolts, keep pushing the hub strut inwards to take up the slack of the hub-strut joint so the camber before & after disassembly is maintained more consistantly, hand tighten the bolts with a hand wrench till they're locked snug and then torque up to spec.
then its a good idea to get it realigned

Had the same thing, changed cv joint, didn't touch any ball joints,thought I would be safe, but it needed alignment after...

Cheers fellas, ill push the hub back against the struts, adjust it so its close, then get it aligned.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorted this yesterday, on the day I fitted the suspension I had my womans brother helping out, he had pulled the shocker tight to the hub, pushed her back in about 7mm, translated in about an inch of movement on the top of the wheel, all sorted. Thank s for the replies.

Yep, interestingly there is alot of room to adjust camber on these shockers, did both sides just to be sure they are potentially both the same.

Back