Wheels

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
So, ive got the standard 13" Steel Wheels on at the minute.

I hear about, lower profile, bigger, wider, harder.

What I want, is to not slide about when it rains. So what are my options? I don't really want to get larger or new wheels if possible?

What tyre options are available? I really have no clue about tyres.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some wider tyres may help a little but will not make you invincible.
The best you're likely to find secondhand to fit your 13" rims are 185.60.13.
185 is the width (185mm)Standard Micras run 155mm so 30mm wider.
60 is the height of the tyre.
The smaller profile tyre & lower suspension you go the more uncomfortable your ride gets,& low profiles look rubbish on cars that are not lowered..
I've got 185 x 13"s on my car at the moment,have a nose.

I know you aren't struck on the idea of changing the wheels, but you'll find that a larger wheel with lower profile tyres will help no end. I have done this and the difference in handling - and grip on wet roads - is miles better. The car suffers a lot less in windy conditions as well. As long as you don't go too big otherwise it'll kill your acceleration :)

I'm a bit surprised you can fit wider tyres on a standard set of steelies though? :)

BG

Wider tyres can also increase the risk of aquaplaning, what you need is to drive in a manner suited to the conditions, and a GOOD rain tyre.

Wider tyres can also increase the risk of aquaplaning, what you need is to drive in a manner suited to the conditions, and a GOOD rain tyre.

Defo good advice.

I find Firestones are good all-rounders.
Though I'm sure other people have found better rain tyres! :blush:

Well, im hopefully going to look at a set of wheels from some guy off ebay, 14's I think, so those + some decent tyres and im there!

15s are fine on a k11, there is plenty of room. :)

175/60 (or even 185/60 dont know how well they fit) is worth it on 13s for the look alone, nothin worse than skinny tyres lol.

Back