wishbones gutted

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
i jacked my car up tried my best to get the bolts out to put my lower strut brace on couldnt budge them so drove over to my friends garage managed to free them a little bit put more pressure on them u herd like a crack and we were like yey they have come lose continued and we then found out the bolt has snapped GUTTED so now i have to go and buy 2 new wishbones just to fit it

yea mate as the brushings are nackered also and the price of the brushings ya might as well just buy new wishbones

Fair enough lol, you should get an impact wrench, mine cos £20 and clips onto the battery, it removed bolts where my breaker bar has failed

Argos of all places lol.

It's bullet proof, I used it on my dads 4x4 tie rod, I used it so long smoke started pouring out of it, after it cooled down it was still working perfectly. I mainly use it on car wheels now, tighten finger tight then do it up 3 clicks formula one style lol

i used that first mate was on my dads compressor and they still wouldnt budge mate its anoying as i dont like using garages i prefer to do all the work my self gutted

Is there any performance upgrade wishbone type things, as you're replacing them you may as well replace them with better parts

ive been told you have to fit new wish bones when fitting front lower strut barces... you carnt just remove the bolts as there always rusted to #### and snap.

i jacked my car up tried my best to get the bolts out to put my lower strut brace on couldnt budge them so drove over to my friends garage managed to free them a little bit put more pressure on them u herd like a crack and we were like yey they have come lose continued and we then found out the bolt has snapped GUTTED so now i have to go and buy 2 new wishbones just to fit it

kenny, those rubber bushes slide out of the wishbones a treat, k6pfs had some nismo replacement bushes which looked the dogs :cool:, can,t you re-use the wishbones and fit some of them, and some whiteline caster mounts ;)

hahaha, i only ever use a 1/2 drive ratchet handle. dont seem to have a problem removing stuborn bolts, i just press harder...lol

Back