Wiring up led washer jets... (!!)

Chrisxn

Ex. Club Member
Im about to wire up my LED washers.. But I dont know how to wire to the sidelights.. Could anyone tell me exactly what to do? Pictures of anyone who's done its setup might be helpful :)

Thanks alot!

Because they're not legal, you should wire them into a seperate on off switch.

Yeah i'd personally run a new live for accessories from the battery, rather than interfere with something like the sidelights.

They're purple.. just like my micra!

Goin all matchy n stuffff

I'm all new to this electronic malarky!!

Could anyon provide a fool-proof diagram for me?

Thanks!

If it makes life easier, you can add me on msn:

oceansoul-uk [at] hotmail [dot] com

9.wiring.JPG

Fused live from battery to switch, which connects to your LED's

I just remembered the switch isn't earthed so ignore the black line coming from it

last thing... What do I earth it to?

Any part of the car body that isnt conncted to the elctrics?

Thanks for the help guys :)

Any part of the body, either drill a new hole or tap into an existing earth.

I'll go give this a bash then!!

Thanks again Ollyc and Arnold :)

Ill get some pics when its done...

Dispite the fact its a bit of a chavvy mod :p

hah! I asked for idiotproof didnt I?!

Dw, I made sense of em :S

Guess that shows my intellect!

Ok, all ready! Washers in, just need wiring up..

Just need to know.. Where can I feed the wires through from the engine bay to the interior (where the switch is)

Thanks!

Rough idea is no good arnold. With wiring you get it right or you dont. You image implies a mathod of turning a car into a fireball which I dont really thinkg is foolproof method of wiring anything!

Washer Jets on My Micra

I've got white washer jets on my micra and I have them wired direct to my side lights, as long as they aren't red on the front of your car they should be fine.

I you have access to a meter you can find out what is the positive lead going to your side lights. Then use a scotchlock (Or Terminal Block) and wire it in.:laugh:

Rough idea is no good arnold. With wiring you get it right or you dont. You image implies a mathod of turning a car into a fireball which I dont really thinkg is foolproof method of wiring anything!

Hmm. most wiring diagrams for Amp's and other accessories suggest using a fused live from the battery (which i've drawn). The switch is optional depending on what your connecting up, which then goes to the device, such as the lights, which are also earthed!

What's wrong with that?

Ok Ed, What would you suggest. I have the washers in place, A switch in the center panel, and wires ready to go.

How should it be wired?

Arnolds wiring is correct its just the way he has drawn it that is not clear. It implies you put one side of the switch to earth.

Arnolds wiring is correct its just the way he has drawn it that is not clear. It implies you put one side of the switch to earth.

I wrote afterwards to ignore that because i knew it was wrong :) Read just below my diagram

Oh, ok! :)

Sorry, I doubted you Arnold :D

Right, so last thing.. How do I get the wires from the engine bay to the interior?

Im guessing I can follow the wires used for the ignition or lights? But where are these and where do they go?

Thanks!

There should be a rubber grommet, make a hole in it and the wire should come out somewhere near the passenger footwell

Back