Windscreen washer jets / nozzle clogged

Hi all,

Hope someone can help.

All of my washer jets don’t spray water except one sometimes. This has only really affected me in this horrible weather, but today was the last straw as I couldn't see much on a 70mph dual carriageway and had to buy a 2l bottle of Volvic water to pour on my windscreen grrrr.

Anyone know how I can check if the system behind the windscreen washer jets is clogged up please? I tried looking at the tubes that go to the nozzles and I couldn’t detatch the tubes from the nozzles at first glance.

Any advice appreciated, I'm not looking forward to the drive home!

curtis

Ex. Club Member
get a needle and poke it into the jet holes....worked on mine for a bit....now i really need to replace them before the MOT....

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
the one way valve gets stuck inside the washer jet, remove the pipe with some pliers and push open the valve from the bottom i use a unused pop rivet, use a pin inside the jet holes aswell to make sure they're not blocked.
it may not work great, but it should work. the best thing to do is buy new ones.

the one way valve gets stuck inside the washer jet, remove the pipe with some pliers and push open the valve from the bottom i use a unused pop rivet, use a pin inside the jet holes aswell to make sure they're not blocked.
it may not work great, but it should work. the best thing to do is buy new ones.

where do I remove the pipe from? Do you mean from where it attaches to the nozzles?