removing washer jets

had a search on the forum but nothing about this.... how DO I get the washer jets off the front bonnet? Been struggling for hours, they just keep spinning round and round. I'm sure there's an easy way I just can't seem to find it! Please help before I end up taking my frustration out on the bonnet!! :eek:

open bonnet and pull hoses off both...

on either side of the jet you'll see retaining clips...

push them together with a tool, and push up and out...

easy when you know how...

thanks mean micra, see I knew it'd be something so spectacularly simple that I'd missed it! Bit dark now, will tackle it tomorrow.

Mark, just experimenting really, got given some chrome jets by a mate, wanted to see how they are on the car. I'm starting to think they might look pants so I might end up 'doin' a Haynes' "refitting is a reversal of removal" and putting the originals back on!! :D (or some new ones if it goes belly up - thanks for that tip Speedle)

thanks.

MOT bloke :slm: warned me about my washer jets... only one working :glance:

I really need to get some new ones on there, its annoying having a smeared left part of windscreen all the time!

well i actuall like the chrome washer jets as i have them on my car with blue LED's wired to my headlights i think they look cool at night wiv them on and cool wiv the chrome in the day

whats the point in doing barry boy mods to your cars? it de-values the car and they look rubbish!

have 2 agree with that they do look tackey but if u like em go for it my matee had 1s on a punto( sad i know) the police pulled him for them and was told to remove them

Remember,...."each to their own" & "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

In my case,..... I like my car to LOOK 'turd' (looking good)! But to handle well and to perform well. (rat car).

Remember the odd sized wheels thing?...lol

Im gonna avoid the LED ones for legal reasons.... don't want to be a bad boy :k12cop: :glance:

This was talked about alot in another thread in general discussion...

:glance: << best smilie ever

well they were free, who can say no to a freebie? I don't think chrome would look that bad on a white bonnet.... couldn't find anything small enough to poke in the hole anyway so I'll be sticking with the usual black ones for now.

Back