wiring on alternator help

D

dobra

I have just had my micra looked at by a main dealer for an alternator problem. before the warrenty was up it had a service and the light on the dash and low charge was written on service panel. well they gave it back with report saying it was charging but the light now was on all the time. now i have just had it back from them 6mths later and warrenty is out and they say i need a new one at £650. this is a main dealer. well a friend just looked at it and said that the wire on the top plug which he thinks is the dash light, has been cut in the loom and a piece soldered on which is connected to the main lead at the bottom ( thick one bolted) which explains why the light is allways on. well he re attached it and the light on the dash comes on and with engine running is dim.
This to me seems like the dealer is a joke or is there any explanation for this. I took a pic of it but dont know how to put it on here.
Please some one help, i dont like to be made a fool of.(looks like i have been already)

I have just had my micra looked at by a main dealer for an alternator problem. before the warrenty was up it had a service and the light on the dash and low charge was written on service panel. well they gave it back with report saying it was charging but the light now was on all the time. now i have just had it back from them 6mths later and warrenty is out and they say i need a new one at £650. this is a main dealer. well a friend just looked at it and said that the wire on the top plug which he thinks is the dash light, has been cut in the loom and a piece soldered on which is connected to the main lead at the bottom ( thick one bolted) which explains why the light is allways on. well he re attached it and the light on the dash comes on and with engine running is dim.
This to me seems like the dealer is a joke or is there any explanation for this. I took a pic of it but dont know how to put it on here.
Please some one help, i dont like to be made a fool of.(looks like i have been already)

hi
this is a nissan mod,because somewhere in the cars life the alternator light flashed on,so what you see is normal..this mod will not be cause of your alternator going wrong..

whats the purpose of this (somone with precise info please?)

Back