alternator wiring confusion

sure ive done a thread about this before but cant find it :doh:

anyway im confused i was going over my wiring today and im using the the cg10 alternator on the cg10 engine im running in the k10. the wiring is k10 wiring for that side of things. there is a grey plug with 4 wires (if i remember correctly) on the k10 loom. but there is nowhere for this to go on the cg10 alternator. but the other 2 wires went on with modification. so i think it will carge the battery but does anyone know what the grey is connector is for? my dash lights are staying on (battery and oil light) so i think it has something to do with it.

is there any other way of wiring it up to something or is it just for the warning lights?

not yet mate i haven't got a tester i think its just for warning lights cause i realy cant think what else it could be for. i think ill get a rad and mani on and leave it running for half an hour on a completey dead battery and if it charges ill just leave the wire hanging lol.

ah it should be alright then ive noticed the interior light takes about 10 seconds to go off not sure if thats anything to do with it. the battery light stays on dim but its fully charged and not showing any signs of being flat. i think ill just put some more earths on. and blank the grey plug off.

Back