Wipers are hyper!!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Alas i have found something broken on my micra, just when i thought it was perfect. Prob is that on the left "stick" that does the wipers, the wipers start on the OFF position. this is fine. then 1 click down is the slow wipe. they start to move as i move the stick down but then when it clicks into place they stop. if i continue to the fast wipe position they work fine. so im stuck with hyper wipers for now lol... just wondering if there is an easy fix for this? can the electronics of the "Stick" be opened and cleaned? im guessing its just dirty contacts or something. if not then Sonic, might need some more bits off that micra your scrapping :)

Thanks in advance people!!

Courior said:
Alas i have found something broken on my micra, just when i thought it was perfect. Prob is that on the left "stick" that does the wipers, the wipers start on the OFF position. this is fine. then 1 click down is the slow wipe. they start to move as i move the stick down but then when it clicks into place they stop. if i continue to the fast wipe position they work fine. so im stuck with hyper wipers for now lol... just wondering if there is an easy fix for this? can the electronics of the "Stick" be opened and cleaned? im guessing its just dirty contacts or something. if not then Sonic, might need some more bits off that micra your scrapping :)

Thanks in advance people!!

Sounds fine to me unless ive mis read your post!

Do you mean on "slow" they stop after the first wipe, and don't start again? Because thats not normal.

If you mean they keep going (without a pause) on "slow" then thats normal.

Ahhh, read your post again. Sounds like a bad connection inside the wheel/dashboard assembly bit. Fiddle about with it a bit more and get a firm idea in your own mind that it is a bad connection.

right, ill try and explain again. lol.

as i move the stalk (found the correct name) from OFF to the next position down they start to wipe in between the OFF and SLOW position, then as it clicks into the slow position they stop. then if i move the stalk one more click down to the fast position they work and go at fast speed. so i have:

OFF = OFF
on the way to SLOW = they move a little bit (if i hold it here in between setting they do wipe slowly)
SLOW = they stop and dont move after any time period
FAST = they go fast

hope this is better! thanks for the replys ppl!!! :grinning:

anyone had this before? sorry to pester but just would be nice to know what im loking for if im to strip the steering column to get at the stalks. cheers :D

My dad has taken apart the lights stalk, and inside theres lots of metal contact thingys which over the years get a lot of build up of junk etc.

It'll be a simple job of removing all this junk I rekon.

Check all the fuses first although its highly unlikely that any have blown if it moves, but its always worth a check when theres an electronics problem.

Back