wiper arm problems?

Simonh

Midlands Rep
as you may know vandals snapped off my wiper arms. the driver side one was really loose when i took the snapped bit off. i put another arm on and it moved about loads because the bolt at the end is loose unlike the other one which is solid. so the wiper seems to skip a bit aswell on the window. also when i open and close the bonnet it catches on the bit of the wiper arm that bends with the spring underneath it. any thoughts?

a guy at the scrapyward said that the vandals could of broken the wiper linkage getting the arm off. but wouldnt that stop the wiper all together.

a guy at the scrapyward said that the vandals could of broken the wiper linkage getting the arm off. but wouldnt that stop the wiper all together.

yes it will..... your gonna have to take ya wipers back off and the cowling on the bulkhead and have a good look at the linkage.... does sound like sometging is bent or even broken

taking the plastic on the bulkhead in front of the windscreen is quite tricky, i struggled to fit it back on lol...altough ive never done a front wiper linkage before. seems quite difficult.

is it a big job to replace the linkage?

would,nt say a big job tells ya how to do it in the haynes book. have ya not got 1? if not put it on ya christmas list and be quick :p once ya get that black cowling off just look and take note of what your doing. look for any bars,rods,connected to ya wiper spindle arnt bent or broken or come disconected

its pretty easy to do mate, the plastic panel goes off n on - you havent seen dan trying to take wheels off - he makes that look hard. just joking dan!
its a bit fiddly, because its a bit confined, but easy to do. i changed mine because they were squeaking, easy to do.

Back