Front wiper won't come off

Micra S k11 1.0 auto 5 door (2002)

I have an issue where one of my wipers (front driver side) is no longer aligned to where it should be. It's too low on the windscreen at rest and doesn't go far enough to the right when it goes up.

Most solutions online state that I just need to take the wiper arm off and realign it. I've taken off the plastic cover to the nut, taken the nut off fairly easily but the wiper arm will not budge off the bolt. Tried WD-40, tried pressing down on the spring mechanism and also lifting the arm at the mid-joint and didn't budge even a little bit.

Short of buying a wiper removal tool (which one?), is there anything else I can try to get the whole arm off the bolt?

Micra S k11 1.0 auto 5 door (2002)

I have an issue where one of my wipers (front driver side) is no longer aligned to where it should be. It's too low on the windscreen at rest and doesn't go far enough to the right when it goes up.

Most solutions online state that I just need to take the wiper arm off and realign it. I've taken off the plastic cover to the nut, taken the nut off fairly easily but the wiper arm will not budge off the bolt. Tried WD-40, tried pressing down on the spring mechanism and also lifting the arm at the mid-joint and didn't budge even a little bit.

Short of buying a wiper removal tool (which one?), is there anything else I can try to get the whole arm off the bolt?
Hi, they can be very stubborn if they’ve never been off. I usually just lift the arm off the screen and give it a damn good wiggle in all directions (holding the arm not the wiper). They usually work free eventually. Giving it another dose of wd40 all around where it “slides” onto the spindle should help if you let it work it’s way in

Hi, they can be very stubborn if they’ve never been off. I usually just lift the arm off the screen and give it a damn good wiggle in all directions (holding the arm not the wiper). They usually work free eventually. Giving it another dose of wd40 all around where it “slides” onto the spindle should help if you let it work it’s way in
Thank you. Will give it another try over the next few days. Failing that, going to opt for the wiper arm removal tool and hopefully that can sort it.

I just did this today. This video game me the right idea:

I couldn't get vice-grips in there, so I used channel-lock-style pliers, but the technique worked.

Just an update, nothing worked except for the wiper removal tool I got rather cheaply from the world's most famous auction website. Once I attached it, it came off within a few seconds. The arm was basically rusted on.
IMG_20220917_134945.jpg

Back