Winter tyres

B

blobbletec

Any one else rolling with winter tyres this year, i am a bit of a sceptical type of person, but this year i gave in and bought some winter tyres, wow these thing grip like #### to a blanket, im in the midlands and we had a fair bit of snow the last few days and doing 50mph on snowy roads is just a great feelin, (dont try this at home kids) especially when you pass mr i've got a 60,000 pound bmw x5.. and its parked in the ditch looking a bit sorry for its self.. k11 on winter tyres.....priceless..

1118sir.jpg

I do have 4 fitted 155/70/13 think they were 130ish delivered from camskill..

I just read on the net that snow tyres are considered a modification and need to be declared with your insurance! I wont be putting winter tyres on the Glanza, it's garaged at the moment. I think the Corsa has an all round tyre which seems to handle quite well in this weather.

i'm running cheap chinese 'sunny' tyres. haven't had any problem in the snow or rain. very slippy but no problems.
it's fun going sideways. :p

i,ve used M+S tyres in the past and they bite really well until the edges have rounded off, they make a right racket at speed tho :eek:

Winter tyres are a good idea at this time of year, as summer tyres start to have less grip after the temp drops below 7degrees. So they are justifiable at the moment. I'm running a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3's on my T180 on the front and summer conti's on the rear and have had no issue with the car in current weather around Yorkshire and the North East. A full set is great if you're out in the sticks but most of the time you can get away with just the drive wheels.

Oh! they are not a mod that needs to be reported, it's down to call centre idiots who don't know what they are on about. Plus winter and snow tyres are two different things!!!

If you go down the all season tyre route I'd recommend Goodyear Eagle Vector 4's

Hankook W440 in 155/70/13 on all 4 corners. Bought for 170€ from eiretyres in September, cost has almost double that now. Had them fitted for about 40 notes 3 weeks ago just in time for the snow.

Falken winter tyres on the front of my motor, £70 the pair fitted. Got up a snowy slope that a 4x4 failed to climb. Only problem is the back end is always letting go and as frank said, very noisy at speed. Seem to wear quite quickly too.

If you can't afford winter tyres then thin tyres are the next best thing.

Yokohama A-drive Tyres are perfect as they are a soft compound tyre.....there is no need to go and blow £130 on a snow tyre.........I live on the moors in cornwall and still have snow everywere and manage perfectly fine. And the council never grit out roads :glare:

They are not snow tyres they are winter tyres.. people keep telling me i dont need winter tyres..and you know what..? i like wasting money on things i dont need..your car your way..my car my way..:p

Back