Autograss Tyres

So I've got myself a new Micra (98 preface, 29,000 on the clock. I'll get a blog up at some point) and I'm now looking toward winter. I've got myself a nice set of steelies for cheap that will be ready for tyres after a quick paint up. The question is what to use.

Now I'm up in Derbyshire on the very edge of the Peak District, because of this we get some fairly impressive snow, especially where I work. (Garden centre on top of a hill) Because of this I want a bit of chunk in the tyres and I'm looking toward something a bit more knobbly as in an autograss style tyre. I'm sure someone will point out that this is a fantastically bad idea but what sort of brands am I to be looking towards and what sort of price for 4 of them? I know there's a few people who compete on here so I figured you'd have an idea what to look for. :D

bear in mind they will be very noisy bonner

Aye, I know. I drive a Nissan Navara with knobblies on when I'm on delivery at work. I'll only really have them on when there's heavy snow around (Which was pretty constantly for a month of so last year) so I can deal with the noise. I'd only really be commuting to work with it in that sort of weather anyway.

The reason I'm thinking of these is because we has a set of winter tyres on one of the farm vans last year. I took it to work one morning (As it was best equipped for the job) and it really didn't cut it in the stuff we get up here. Nearly had to ditch it at one point! I need better tyres...Or a landy ;)

Exactly like that actually. They all seem a little...Cheap to me? I don't know maybe I was expecting them to cost more. Is this the going rate for tyres like this then?
That's the going rate :) its the compound of rubber that'll make em cheap I reckon

Back