windscreen trim question

smidge

» CMF Member
this week i've gotta get a new windscreen put into the micra so i can rego it and get it back on the road (woot!)

the trim that goes around the winscreen was pretty rooted when i took the screen out, so i was hoping if someone could tell me what they normally do when they replace it

do the windscreen guys bring their own, or do you have to buy it direct from nissan??

most of the time the windscreen guy's have a few different types.. maybe go down to there shop with your old one and see if they got anything similar... factory nissan windscreen seals cost a fortune, priced one up for a 32 gtr ages ago and it was something like 8 hundred something bucks just for the rubber!

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah that's balls, i figured they'd probly have some

i've got a semi-complete lot out of a wreck but it's never the same once it's been pulled out of the screen

i have the corner parts anyway which i guess would be the most complicated

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
my windscreen trim were also in tatters. pulled it all off n cleaned with petrol. called nissan and they quoted £200+ for pieces of rubber! no way

so i sealed the edges with PU sealant instead. works a treat

Attachments

• 35351.jpg
    35351.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 49

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
most windscreen places will have universal runner trims they look ok and do the trick are dam cheap. If they dont give you a warrenty tell them to **** off. All the warrenty will cover is fitting but that is better then nothing.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
mine has a new platic around my windscreen. my mate had his facelift done and they fitted prefcaelift rubber trim in....where as the facelift has plastic trim. :S

the bloke who came out and did my old car (seiecnto) re-used the rubber....just put some more sealent on.

Back